How do I enable GST in Zoho Books?
If you are creating a new organization for your business in Zoho Books, then you can enable GST during the initial quick setup by providing the relevant details. Else, you can enable GST in the Tax Preferences.
Note: This document is applicable only to the users of the India edition of Zoho Books.
- Go to Settings > Taxes > GST Settings.
- Select Yes for the option Is your business registered for GST?.
- Enter you 15 digit GSTIN and click the option Get GSTIN Details to view the details of your tax registration, previous returns filed, and so on.
- Enter the date of GST registration.
- Mark the box near My business is registered for Composition Scheme if you are a composition dealer and select your Composition Scheme Percentage.
- Mark the box near Enable reverse charge in sales transactions if your customer is liable to pay the taxes for certain transactions.
- Mark the box near My business is involved in SEZ/Overseas Trading if you import or export goods and deal with supplies to SEZs. Enabling this option helps you to create Bills of Supply and Shipping Bills.
- Select the Custom Duty Tracking Account. You can select an account from the dropdown or create a new expense account by clicking + New Account.
- Mark the box near Track sale of digital services to overseas customers to record and track the digital services (such as software or cloud services) that your organization offers.
- Click Save.