Out of office
Zoho Mail provides you options to configure Out of office messages to automatically reply to the incoming emails when you are away. When you are away on an official trip/vacation, the Out of office auto responder helps you to inform the sender about your non-availability or to let them know alternate contact information in your absence. You can choose the audience for the automated replies as Everyone, My Contacts or Non contacts. The auto-response interval helps you to control the frequency of the automated replies to the same sender.
Out of Office responses will be sent for all incoming emails except automated or auto-forwarded emails.
- Login to Zoho Mail
- Click the Settings icon.
- Go to Out of Office
- Click Add Out of office message.
- From the Choose Account section, select the accounts for which you want to configure an Out of office message. Mark the Apply for all accounts option if you want to configure the same response for all accounts.
- In the Enable Out of office for menu select one of the options,
- If you want to send the out of office message only to the senders in your contact list, select Contacts.
- On the contrary, if you want to send the out of office message only to the senders who are not in your contact list, select Non-Contacts.
- If you want to send the out of office message to all the senders, select Everyone.
- Enter the Start/ End date and time for which you want to configure the out of office message.
- By default, out of office messages are sent throughout the day. In the Time Interval option, select the time of the day during which you want to send out an out of office message. You can later Reset this to the default option.
- Specify the Subject for your automated email.
- In general, the Auto-response Interval is not set. This means that only one response will be sent during the entire duration of out of office.
- You can enable the Auto-response Interval checkbox to edit it. On enabling it, the interval will be set to 7 days by default. You can also edit it and set the interval as per your requirement.
- Type in the email content which you want to be sent as a reply when you are away.
- Click Save.
While configuring the out of office message, the Mark as busy in Calendar option is enabled by default. You can remove it by unchecking the corresponding checkbox.
You can edit your out of office message in case you want to change the dates or the content by clicking on it. In case you want to delete it click the delete icon.
By default, all your out of office messages will be saved in your Sent folder. You can change this and not save these messages in your sent folder by turning off the toggle on the top-right corner.
Sending Interval/ Auto-response Interval allows you to control the frequency in which the automatic emails are sent. The Auto-response Interval is the minimum number of days between the two subsequent automated replies to the same email address.
Suppose you receive 10 emails from the same sender on a particular day, sending 10 auto replies per day would flood their mailbox with your out of office messages. Suppose you specify the Auto response Interval as 2 days, the particular email address will receive your out of office message only once in 2 days. The out of office message will not be sent to each and every email from the same sender.
You can insert a signature to your Out of Office messages as well to add more professionalism to them. If there are multiple messages set up, you can add a different signature to each of them should you wish.
Steps to insert a Signature
- Once you have configured your message, click on the Signature icon from the editor toolbar.
- The Insert Signature window appears with the preset configured signatures. Select the signature you wish to insert. The selected Signature gets added in the editor area. To create or add a signature, refer to this page
- Click Save.