How do I enable GST in Zoho Books?
If you are creating a new organization for your business in Zoho Books, then you can enable GST during the initial quick setup by providing the relevant details. Else, you can enable GST in the Tax Preferences, provided you’re using the Indian edition of Zoho Books. To enable:
- Click the Gear icon on the top-right corner and select Taxes.
- Select GST Settings.
- Check Is your business registered for GST? and enter your GSTIN.
- If you’ve registered for the composition scheme, check the Is your business registered for composition scheme? option.
- Enter the Composition Scheme Percentage.
- Check the Do you want to enable Reverse Charge in Sales transactions? option if you want to enable the reverse charge.
- Enable the option Does your business involve overseas trading? if your business involves overseas trading.
- Choose how you wish to file your GST Returns: either Directly from Zoho Books or On My Own.
- If you’re filing directly from Zoho Books, enter the GSTN Username and select the month from which you wish to generate your first tax return.
- Click Save.