Auto-populate Zoho Docs and WebMerge documents with form responses using Document Merge. You can create and send personalized PDFs, images, spreadsheets, and more.
Table of Contents
To auto-populate Zoho Docs templates with form responses:
- Navigate to Settings >> Document Merge and click on the Configure option.
- In the pop-up that appears, specify the Template Name and click Save.
- If you are looking to send this document as an email attachment, specify the attachment name and the document type here.
To include a field's response in the attachment name, click on the drop-down provided next to the textbox and choose the required field.
- Once done, you will be redirected to the new Zoho Docs template you just created.
This template is mapped to your form. So, you'll find all of your form's fields in the Insert Fields section. The form fields will automatically be replaced by your respondents' answers.
If you want to map the same form with two or more templates click on the + New Template button present at the top-right corner of the page.
To map WebMerge fields with Zoho Forms:
- Create the desired document in WebMerge.
- Navigate to Settings >> Document Merge in Zoho Forms.
- Choose Configure option next to WebMerge and enter your WebMerge credentials.
- Choose your WebMerge document from the drop-down box.
- Map WebMerge fields to the corresponding fields in Zoho Forms. These fields will be auto-populated with the form response.
- Click 'Save' to complete the setup.
- Navigate to Settings >> Email Notifications.
- Configure your email. You can choose to send the email to your respondents or your organization's users.
- Select the 'Attach merged document' checkbox.
- Save changes.
Once this has been set up, form responses will be automatically populated in your WebMerge or Zoho Docs template and the merged document will be sent along with the email every time a submission is made. You can create as many templates as you wish using WebMerge or Zoho Docs. They allow you to create documents in different formats including PDF, Word, Excel, JPEG image and more.
Note: If you've configured email notifications in WebMerge as well, both the Zoho Forms' email and WebMerge email will be sent.
To do so:
- Navigate to the 'All Entries' tab to view form submissions.
- Choose the form entry that needs to be merged from the list.
- Choose Merge >> WebMerge/Zoho Docs from the drop-down menu.
- Select a document from the drop-down and click Merge.
Note: To view the status of the mail merge, check the Mail Merge Status column provided in the 'All Entries' section.