- Every year the U.S. uses nearly 3.7 million tons of paper – that is more than 700 billion sheets
- A Xerox survey reveals that U.S. office workers print more than 1,000 pages a
month; the national annual average is 10,000 – 12,000 sheets per worker
- Other studies by Xerox reveal that office workers throw away 45 percent of their documents within 24 hours of printing them
- With all the office paper businesses waste every year a 12-foot high wall of paper from New York to California could be built.
- It takes one 15-year old tree to produce half a box of paper.
- 10,000 sheets of paper per year are used by a single US office worker. If a box of paper contains 5,000 sheets and costs $32, that’s $64 and 4 trees per employee. For an office of 100 employees, that’s a whopping $6400 and 400 trees!
From the the facts mentioned above you can see that offices use vast quantities of paper, which mostly end up as waste. This is where online document management services such as Zoho Docs can help businesses reduce their usage of paper.
By using document management services such as Zoho Docs, you no longer have to create documents on paper. Instead, you can create, store and share your documents online. This not only leads to reduced paper consumption but increases the efficiency at work, saves time, money, and resources.
So, how would your business benefit going the paperless route, by using online document management ?
Save time: Reduce time spent on searching for a document from hours to minutes
Save Office Space: Reduce file cabinet and storage space in your office, making your work environment clutter-free.
Access anytime anywhere: Store all your files online and access them from anywhere
Get Quicker access to information: Get all your documents organized in one place and retrieve the required document with ease
Safety and Security: Set access privileges for documents so only the people you want to share the document with get to access it. You no longer have to worry about a document getting lost or misplaced. And lastly…
Go Green: Reduce the amount of paper you use. The less paper we use, the less trees are cut down, which would be a step in saving our fast diminishing natural environment.
Zoho Docs is helping businesses save paper and go green by offering online document management. We would like to know if there is anything that you’ve done or you would suggest to “save paper”?