In Zoho Analytics, data is stored as database tables. Unlike in conventional databases, this tabular data can be readily edited in Zoho Analytics, using its spreadsheet-like interface. When new data is to be entered, it would be possible to do so using this interface. But wouldn’t it be easier and more functional if we had a form interface? There can be situations where data entry has to happen without the user seeing the whole database.
Enter Zoho Creator, our friendly online app creator and form builder. All you have to do is follow three simple steps as below to get your form interface.
- Create the form using Zoho Creator’s drag-and-drop interface.
- When creating the form, uncheck the ‘Store data in Creator’ option
- Include a short Deluge script that instructs Zoho Creator to directly store data in Zoho Analytics.
Once the above is done, you can start entering data in the Zoho Creator form, see it getting collected in Zoho Analytics and create all the reports you need in Zoho Analytics as usual. Detailed documentation of how to go about this is available here. In case of any questions/clarifications, leave your comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: While the above is for Zoho Analytics users, in the past, we have had a couple of integration points for Zoho Creator users (where the web app is built using Zoho Creator and all data gets stored in Zoho Creator itself).
- Zoho Creator has an in-built ‘Reports’ tab (that’s powered by Zoho Analytics) which provides all the necessary reporting for your data.
- If you wanted to use the full features of Zoho Analytics, you can periodically export your data from Zoho Creator to Zoho Analytics, for further reporting and analysis.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.