Zoho Mail is the perfect email to match the diverse and yet unique preferences of the individuals. It is a pure webmail and provides the much needed flexibility and customizations on the go. When you read an email, there may be so many things you want to do on an email like moving the email to a folder, applying a label or creating a filter or reply/ reply all/ forward. You may also prefer to add a flag for follow up or for marking it as important. The various different options available in various views are discussed below.
Flexible Layouts | Saving and Viewing Attachments | Mail Options | Integrations in Zoho Mail
Message View Options
When you click on an email, the email gets opened in the Preview/ Tab or New Window, based on your Appearance Settings. To override the default option for a single email, you can right click on the email from the listing and choose your preferred mode of reading. Apart from that the Right Click has the options to directly reply or forward an email also. If you select 'List Mails from Sender', the emails from the particular email address in the selected folder/ view gets listed in a new pane.
If you prefer to read emails in the preview mode, you can choose between the Three pane Vertical layout or the classic horizontal layout to read and list your emails. Refer this help page for more details.
- Selecting ‘Open in Preview’ from the Right click menu opens the mail in Preview pane.
- The message displays the Sender, Receiver and attachment options by default. To view the details, click on the small triangle in the left.
- That displays the message subject, date etc.
- You can perform the following tasks on a message from the preview pane.
- Mark the message as unread
- Add/ Remove Flag to the message
- Add/ Remove Label to the message
- Click on the relevant icon to do any of the listed actions. Further you can Reply to the sender, Reply to All, Forward the message or Edit the message as New. All these actions will open the message in the composer.
- Forward and Edit as New will retain the attachments, while Reply and Reply to All will open in the Reply mode and hence will remove the attachments in the reply mail.
- You can view the attachment by clicking the View Attachment link. The link will appear, only if the message has an attachment.
- You can add the sender to contacts by Clicking ‘Add To’ and selecting ‘Contacts’
- You can add the message to a task by Clicking ‘Add To’ and selecting ‘Task’
Selecting ‘Open in Tab’ from the Right Click Menu will open the mail in Tab. Click on the Previous/ Next icon in the reading pane to seamlessly navigate through the emails. The additional options available in Tab view are
- Moving message to a folder – Click ‘Move To’ and select target folder
- Marking a message spam – Click on the spam icon
- Deleting a message – Click on the Delete icon
- Archiving the message - Click on Archive icon
- Selecting ‘Open in New Window’ opens the mail in a Pop-Up Window.
- The interface is exactly the same as in ‘Open in Tab’ option. Click on the Previous/ Next icon in the reading pane to seamlessly navigate through the emails.
- The additional option available in ‘Popup’ is ‘Quick Reply’
- You can type a reply to the message in plain text in the text box.
- Once you start typing the content, two buttons will appear.
- Choose to ‘Reply’ or ‘Reply All’ based on your preference
- Signature, if enabled, will be appended to the Reply.
When you receive an invitation email, the entire event details can be viewed from Mail itself. You can also directly accept or decline the invitation from the email itself.