Getting started with ZeptoMail
After you sign-up to ZeptoMail, the first step is to Create a Mail Agent. A Mail Agent is used for grouping your transactional emails. Know more about Mail Agents here.
To create Mail Agent, enter the following details:
- Mail Agent name - Give the Mail Agent a name for your reference
- Domain - Enter the domain you will be using to send emails from this Mail Agent
- Description - Short description about the purpose of the Mail Agent
ZeptoMail allows only authenticated domains to send emails. Authentication is done by adding SPF, DKIM, and CNAME records to your DNS. You can use the Edit option to change your domain or correct mis-spelled domain.
- SPF & DKIM records - to validate that you are the owner of your domain and encrypt your email content in transit.
- CNAME record - to create your domain bounce address.
To verify your domain:
- In the domain verification page, you will need to configure SPF, DKIM and CNAME records. Click on Select your DNS provider and choose your provider from the drop-down list to view DNS specific values.. In-case your DNS provider is not listed, select Other from the drop-down.
Refer here for instructions specific to popular DNS providers like GoDaddy, 1&1, ENOM etc.,
- Add these DNS records to your DNS Manager. If you do not have access to the DNS Manager, click on Share Record to email these records to your IT admin.
- Wait for 3- 5 minutes for your values to get propagated and then click on Verify to complete the domain verification.
- DNS record updates can sometimes take upto 48 hours based on your DNS provider.
- CNAME - Your domain bounce address will be based on CNAME Host value. The default value is bounce.yourdomain. To change it, click on the Edit icon next to it.
- In cases when your DNS takes longer to be propagated, we will automatically check your DNS periodically and let you know when it is ready.
Bounce address or return-path address is created to receive all your bounce emails.
To configure bounce address:
- The bounce address domain is based on the CNAME Host Value you entered in the previous step.
- Type the 'from' name and click on Add.
Since CNAME record is used to configure bounce address, it will always have a sub-domain value.
To send test email:
- Connect your application with ZeptoMail via SMTP/ API to send a test email.
- Click Finish after configuring your application.
- Click Send test email to compose and send email.
- Alternatively, click on Send Later to go to your account dashboard.
After you on-board
You have successfully completed your on-boarding process. Every new account in ZeptoMail is reviewed by our team to ensure its authenticity. To get your account reviewed, fill your details in the Customer validation form. You will encounter this form after you land on the dashboard. After you submit the form, it will take 2 business days for our executives to review your details.
Till your account is reviewed, you will be able to send a total of 1000 emails, with a daily cap of 100 emails until your account is reviewed. Reviewed accounts will be able to use the 10,000 free emails that will be valid for 6 months from your account sign-up date.
Purchase Credits: To send emails you need to purchase ZeptoMail credits. Each ZeptoMail credit allows you to send 10,000 emails that will be valid for a period of 6 months. Based on your email sending needs you can purchase the required number of credits. Learn more about credit subscriptions here.
Before you get started it is important to know that ZeptoMail is for sending transactional emails like welcome emailers, password resets emails, OTPs. We do not support sending of bulk emails or promotional emails like newsletters or marketing campaign emails. If you are looking for a bulk email provider, you can visit Zoho Campaigns.