Announcements makes it easy for you to communicate to your employees about general company information. Announcements will appear on the dashboard of employees those who are located in the specified location.
- From home, go to Organization > Announcements > Add Announcement
- Provide Subject and Message
- Select date from Expires on drop-down list
- Select Location from Choose Location drop-down list
- Enable Notify all employees or Notify others if you want the announcement to be specific for a team or a person
- Click Save
- From Home, go to Organization > Announcements
- Hover your mouse over the announcement that you want to edit
- Click the edit icon to modify the announcement
- Click Save
Sticky announcements are those announcements that should always be available for the view of employees. In the Announcement tab, as and when new announcements are posted, the old ones are pushed down. However, if an announcement is created as a Sticky announcement, then it will always be available under the Sticky Announcement tab for employees to view it.
If you would like to tag any of your announcements as important, then you can mark them as 'Sticky' so that these can be viewed any time by your employees.
To create a sticky announcement
- From your home page, go to Organization > Add Announcements > Sticky Announcements
- Give a subject
- Ensure the box 'Is Sticky' is checked
- Under message, type the message
- Give an expiry date
- Under Location, select the Locations for which this announcement is applicable
- Select Notify all Employees if this announcement should be viewed by everyone in the location specified
- Select Notify others and enter the email ids if the announcement is meant only for specific users
- Click Submit
- Under Home, click Announcements
- Hover your mouse over the announcement that you want to delete
- Click the delete icon
- Under Home, click Organization > Announcements
- Hover your mouse over the announcement that you want to enable/disable
- Click the disable/enable icon that is on the right corner of the page
Yes. This is possible. You can use the search tab and find the announcement that you need. Follow the steps given below.
- From your home page, go to Organization > Announcements > Announcements
- Give the key word in the Search tab and hit enter
You can also use @ tags to search for announcements or comments that are made by specific users.
Note: The Key word could be from the subject or from the content of the announcement. The announcements that are even in the disabled status can be pulled out using this method. The same applies for Sticky Announcements too.
Yes. Your announcements can include text, URLs and Images. You also have option for formatting your announcements.
Employees will not be able to post announcements. They can instead post their message in Feeds to members of their department or to specific users by tagging them.
- From your home page (Self service tab), go to Feeds
- Type your message and select Users
- Click Submit
By tagging users in feeds, you will be able to send the message only to specific people in your organization.
You will be able to see all your notifications under your feeds section. You will also see notifications when you click on the Bell icon at the top corner of the home page.