The employee dashboard is more like a personalized widget. On a day to day basis, an employee has the need to access a lot of basic yet important information like web check-in, list of department members, new hires list, files, leave report and more. As an HR administrator, the need is different. They need to have easy access to certain reports like Employee Growth report, Entry/Exit report etc. All of these are made available in the dashboard.
List of components available on the dashboard:
- New Hires list
- Web check-in (Link to attendance help, along with enabling Web check-in)
- Favorites (How to create favorites list)
- Birthday Folks
- Department Members
- Leave Reports
- List of upcoming holidays
- Cases (which are assigned to User/For which the User is one of the agents)
- Time logs (How to create time logs)
- Pending Jobs
- Pending goals
- Pending Tasks
- Billable/ Non-Billable
- Files (Company Files and Personal files) shared to the User
- Attendance Activity
For Reporting Managers/Approvers
Apart from the above list, reporting managers/approver will also be able to view the;
- List of requests that need approval
For HR Administrators:
HR administrators will have access to everything that is listed above and additionally, will have access to the following reports too.
- Employee Growth
- Entry/Exit Report
- Hiring and Attrition percentage
Apart from the widgets that you can access, you can also;
- Log time - Click here to know how to log time for jobs
- Apply Leave - Click here to know how to apply for leave
- Access Feeds
- Add groups and view the various groups in your organization
Feeds can be filtered and viewed depending on your need. For example, if you would like to view the feed's post pertaining to HR Cases or Feedback or Jobs alone, you can click on them to see the list of posts that are posted.
To see the messages posted to your department, you can navigate to the 'Department' section of the Feeds and view them.
All the announcements that are posted (Including Sticky announcements) can be viewed by clicking on the 'Announcements'. You can comment on an announcement right from here.
Click here to know in detail on Announcements.
As an administrator, you will be able to view all the groups of your organization here.
To add a group,
- Click on the + icon next to 'Groups'
- Give a name for the group
- Give a description if needed
- Enter the group email id
- Type in the employee name in the employee search bar and add them either as Members or as Administrators of the group
Only the administrator of the group has the permission to add a member to that group.
You will be able to customize the dashboard. I.e - depending on what you would like employees to access, you can drag and drop the components and prioritize them. For e.g., if you would like to have Web check-in, Pending Goals, Pending tasks to appear on top, then you will be able to drag and drop them accordingly. Apart from this, you will also be able to enable/disable the components that you do not wish to utilize.
To do this:
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right corner
You will be able to see all the widgets listed
- Go to the respective widget and enable or disable it.
- You can also drag the widgets and drop them in your desired place
Note: This customization is available for Admins and Users