Email Watch, Reminders, and Followups
Most of the emails we send, often need to follow-ups or reminders based on the response from others, or sometimes, irrespective of the response.
You can use the Zoho Mail's reminder option to add reminders to your emails. You can watch an email when you compose it and get reminded of it later based on the chosen options. You can track your email based work items, easily using the reminders. You can add reminders to the emails you receive too.
- Login to www.zoho.com/mail
- Click 'Compose' to open the editor.
- Draft the email as usual.
- Add attachments, if any.
- Click the Clock icon to watch the email.
- The options available in Reminder Popup are
- On every response - Whenever you get replies to the email, you will get notified about it. (Ex: You send an email to a bunch of prospects regarding a new product or app. You would want to be reminded, on every response, you get for the email.)
- If no one replies until - You can set a deadline date, and no one replies to the email, you get notified about it at the time chosen by you. (Ex: You send an email to a vendor asking for a quote. When you do not get a response until a week, you may want to be reminded of the particular email.)
- Regardless of the reply - You can set a particular time to remind you about the email, whether the replies were received or not. (Ex: You are planning to attend a startup and have asked if some of your friends are willing to join you for the trip. Regardless of the reply, you need to be reminded of the email, to plan your trip and book the tickets.)
- By default, you will get reminded via Notifications. You can also choose to be reminded via email, to receive an email notification.
- Login to www.zoho.com/mail
- Select the email for which you want to add the reminder.
- Select the 'More options' drop down in the preview window.
- Select 'Set Reminder'
- The options available in the Reminder popup are
- On every response - Whenever there are other replies to the email, you will get notified about it. (Ex: Your team receives an email from your client asking for a design proposal. You have assigned the work to your team member, but want to be notified on every email correspondence to make sure everything is fine)
- If no one replies until - You can set a deadline date, and no one replies to the email, you get notified about it at the time chosen by you. (Ex: You receive an email from a prospect requesting a quote. You have forwarded to the sales team and want to be reminded if the quote was not sent till a particular date.)
- Regardless of the reply - You can set a particular time to remind you about the email, whether the replies were received or not. (Ex: You have received your credit card statement by email. You want to be reminded on a particular date about the email, to pay off your dues.)
- By default, you will get reminded via Notifications. You can choose to be reminded via email, to receive an email notification also.
Similar to the outgoing emails, you can set follow-up emails for other recipients even for the emails you receive.
When you have chosen to be notified through notifications, you will receive a separate notification for every reminder. If you do not want your notification center flooded with email reminder notifications, you can choose to dismiss them. You can dismiss the notification by clicking on Dismiss on the right side of the received notification.
This will keep your notifications list clear for other important notifications.
You can select the Checkbox, 'Remind recipients also', to send emails to others who receive the email. In this case, they will also receive the email notification. You can customize the content of the email, and provide the desired content in the editor below. This will help you to automatically follow up the emails, based on one of the options below. The 'Remind Recipients Also' option is not applicable when reminder option chosen is 'On every response'.
(Ex: You send an email to a vendor asking for a quote. When you do not get a response until a week, you might want to be reminded of the particular email. You can send a follow-up email, asking for the quote as you need it immediately)