The chat bar you see at the bottom of applications like Zoho Mail, Zoho Business, Zoho Docs does a lot of useful things. Most of them has got to do with your presence status and the bar helps you in chatting live with your contacts who are online. But there’s one other important feature – notifications. The little bell icon adds a number to itself whenever there is a new notification.
You get notified for a good many work instances.
1. When you are offline and someone sends you a chat message
2. When someone shares a Zoho document, spreadsheet or presentation.
3. When you upload a file to Zoho Docs
4. When you make a post in a Zoho Discussions forum and someone responds to it. You get notified when you watch someone or a forum too.
5. Users can send a direct notification message (instead of a chat message) to their Contacts / Groups from Zoho Chat
You can see the past notifications history by clicking on the Feeds link.
So, watch the little Notification icon at the bottom-left when you login to Zoho the next time. It might have some important notifications for you 🙂 The chat/presence bar itself will continue to evolve as we have planned for more useful features to be delivered through it.