Objective: To review and improve customer satisfaction and resource management, Zylker Corporation needs to conduct a weekly face-to-face meeting covering everything that happened that week, so an event for a report meeting must be automatically created every week on a specified weekday.
Step 1: Process Flow
- Mechanics are assigned multiple job cards every week and will carry out the jobs on them. Once a job is complete, they update the Job Cards module, which automatically updates the Repair Bills module.
- An event is to be automatically created every Friday evening, for the supervisor to get reports from all mechanics.
- The function must automatically create an event with the following details:
- Event Name: Report for the Week
- Event Location: Front Office
- Set the From and To times to Friday 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Host: Supervisor
- Participants: Mechanics
- Description: A meeting for everyone to report on their work for the week.
- Repeat Type: Weekly
Step 2: Script the Code
Write the code script in Deluge. To get started:
- Navigate to Setup > Developer Space > Functions > + Create New Function.
- Select the place where the function is to be triggered from and click Next.
- Enter a name and description for the function.
- Write the code.
- Add arguments.
- Save the function.
Step 3: Execute the Function
As you might have seen while creating the function, the trigger points can be in various different places. They are:
- Related Lists
This function works best when created in Automation and used in a workflow. This allows you to set the function to be triggered every Friday morning, or whenever you prefer.
You have successfully executed the Function for Auto-Creating Events on specific days of the week. Next, check out the Data Transfer across Modules scenario.