Prerequisites for Android code sign
You need the keystore file to code sign your Android app. To generate the keystore file :
- Replace <my-release-key.keystore> and <aliasname> with your desired file name and alias name, respectively, in the script below:
keytool -genkeypair -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
- Open the Terminal or Command Prompt .
- Enter the modified script. You will be prompted to enter your Keystore password.
- Type the Keystore password and remember it for future use. Now you then be prompted to enter your p ersonal details.
- Enter the required details.
- Press the return key (RETURN if same as Keystore password) when you are required to enter the key password. ;
The Keystore file will be generated and stored on your machine. Upload this file and fill in the relevant details to code sign the app.
- To facilitate generating the keystore file for Android, you must have an SDK or JDK set up. You can also use the Android Studio to create the file.