Code sign Android app for users
- Edit your app. You'll be taken to your app's Design page.
- Click Settings at the top of the Design page. You'll be taken to your app's Settings page.
- Click Download as Mobile Apps under the Users and Control:
- Click For Android under the For Users section:
The Download as Mobile App pane will appear on the right.
- Set App Icon as follows. This will be your app's icon in your users' mobile devices.
- Use default icon will be selected by default. This is the application icon you set in the Settings page, as mentioned here.
- You can opt to Upload Custom Icon — a PNG file of 1024x1024 px resolution
Refer to this page for sourcing the inputs required for steps 6-9
- Upload Keystore File.
- Enter Keystore Password.
- Enter Key Password.
- Enter Alias Name.
- Enter Package Name. This will uniquely identify your Android app. It's usually in the format: com.companyname.appname. For example, com.zylker.employeemanagement
Firebase config file and FCM server key are required for enabling push notification support. Refer to this page to learn how to source them.
- Upload Firebase config file.
- Enter FCM server key.
- Click Code sign. The code sign process can take up to 10 minutes:
- View the code signing status under For Android:
Upon successful code signing, the status will change to Available:
- Click the For Android button. The For Users - Android pane will appear on the right:
- Distribute your code-signed Android app to your users by any of the following methods:
Click the Download button, then share the resulting Android Package Kit (.apk) file with your users.
- Navigate to the Send Link tab, enter the email address of your users, then click Send Link. Your users will receive an email containing a public link to download your app's .apk file.
- If you've integrated with Zoho MDM, then you can navigate to the MDM Distribution tab, enter the email address of your users, then click Distribute:
Your users will receive an email containing the enrolment request from the MDM. They can use either the URL or the QR code to complete their enrolment. Refer to this page to learn more about Zoho MDM.