What happens when the product or service you run your business on closes down?
Google entered the low-code space with Appmaker, in 2016, with promises to make it easy for anyone in an organization to quickly create apps that fit their needs. However, they haven’t been able to keep their promise. A recent update from the company shows that, in just four years, the product is already heading to the grave.
In January, the company announced that they’re deprecating their low-code platform “due to low usage.” This short-sighted decision has kneecapped many business users and developers who relied on Google.
Appmakers, so what options are you left with?
Google has provided its users with multiple options that they can choose from going forward. Let’s take a look:
- Shift to Google Forms if you need data collection. But what if your business wants to process data or configure workflows with that data in the future?
Use AppEngine if you want to build and deploy apps. But it’s not a low-code platform; hence it’s not suitable for users with lower technical skills. AppEngine limits the speed of development needed to create innovative business solutions.
Migrate to AppSheet to automate your business processes. But it’s a relatively new platform on the market, and doesn’t offer a drag-and-drop form and report builder. Other essential development features like sandbox and MDM deployment options are missing, too.
Zoho Creator—a pioneer in the world of low-code
Developing and deploying applications for your business is a huge, important undertaking. Your business not only needs time and resources to build the applications but also a hefty budget to invest in the project. Zoho Creator, was featured as a challenger in the Gartner 2019 LCAP Magic Quadrant. It’s a low-code platform that’s been around for more than a decade, with constant updates to keep it significant and relevant to its users. Over 10 thousand businesses across 170-plus countries have built over 5.5 million custom apps to manage their data and run day-to-day operations using Zoho Creator.
Here are just a few reasons why businesses stay with Zoho Creator
- One-stop solution to cater to all your business needs—data collection, process automation, analytics, integrations, and much more.
- Short learning curve and a rich ecosystem of visual builders that abstracts away development complexities, enabling users and developers to build applications.
- Be it an interactive form, an automatic workflow, or a comprehensive dashboard, users can create almost any element of an application with its drag-and-drop interface, reducing the need for manual coding.
- Applications you create are automatically available on multiple platforms (web, mobile, and tablet) with the flexibility to customize features for different devices.
- Prebuilt connectors and APIs help users integrate their applications with existing systems in place, and other cloud services.
- Our platform offers built-in security features, like audit logs, user-access control, and automated threat assessment, to ensure data security.
- 24*5 access to our solution experts over text, email, and telephone—plus access to user forums providing the opportunity to interact with our most valued professionals (MVPs), developers, and fellow users.
- Most importantly, Zoho Creator offers flexible pricing plans to support organizations of all sizes.
Want to give it a shot? Try Zoho Creator today, and if you need assistance we’re always around to guide you through the migration process. Creator was built by Zoho, a 23-year-old, bootstrapped company that cares deeply about its customers. We promise we’ll have your back, no matter what.