In Zoho Subscriptions, you can create Export Templates for different modules like Products, Customers, Invoices and Subscriptions. An export template is used when only a few specific fields need to be exported. An example would be creating an export template specifically for your accountant, who would only require specific fields like the total amount, tax percentage and total taxable amount.
Let us take the example of exporting customers using Export Templates.
- Navigate to the Customers module on the left sidebar.
- Click the icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Export Customers.
- In the Entity field, select Customers.
- Under Fields in Export File, select an existing template or click + Add New.
- Enter a Template Name.
- Select the Fields that you want to export from Zoho Subscriptions and enter a Display Name for those corresponding fields, which will be shown in the export file.
- You can add new fields by clicking the Add a New Field button.
- Click Save and Select.
- Under Export As, select the appropriate type in which the customer list has to be exported.
- Add a Password to protect your export file. (You cannot assign a password for XLS file format)
- Click Export.
Similarly, you can create multiple export templates for each module in Zoho Subscriptions and select the required template from the Fields in Export File drop down.
To edit an export template, click the Edit icon next to the created template. Also, you can delete a template by clicking Delete.
- You have to include at least three fields while creating an Export Template.
- Password is not mandatory.