Learning and development (L&D) programs are essential for small and medium-sized businesses to improve employee productivity and keep up with ever-changing market trends. Employee retention also increases when workers are provided with professional development opportunities.
While organizing learning programs, there are several factors to consider. This will help you to create courses that are relevant and interesting to your employees. Here are some tips to create the right training courses for your employees:
- Perform skill gap analyses to determine the learning needs of your organization
- Set a clear learning goal by specifying the changes you hope to see after workers complete certain courses
- Use e-learning technology to train a dispersed, remote workforce
- Allow learners to take control and ownership over their own learning
- Analyze employee performance by encouraging them to put what they learn into action
- Gather feedback from learners to make the courses consistent with their expectations
Learn more about these tips for creating L&D programs in our HR Knowledge Hive.