Zoho Books - Zoho CRM Integration
If you have a Zoho CRM account, you can now connect it to Zoho Books and transfer your Zoho CRM data into Zoho Books easily. You can view and create transactions for these contacts from within Zoho CRM. You can also opt to raise invoices automatically in Zoho Books when a potential is won in Zoho CRM. This means all your activities, right from following leads to getting paid, can be tracked in one place.
- Connecting to Zoho CRM
- Importing your Zoho CRM accounts and contacts
- Auto-Sync and other options
- Working with Zoho CRM contacts in Zoho Books
- Creating and viewing transactions from Zoho CRM
- Permission Triggers
- Zoho Books Permissions
Connecting to Zoho CRM
Step 1 : Setting up sync
- Login to your Zoho Books account.
- Click on Settings and then select Integrations.
- Navigate to Zoho Apps.
- Click on the Connect button under the Zoho CRM section here.
Step 2 : Generating ZSC key
When you click the button to connect to Zoho CRM, you will be asked to enter your email address as well as the ZSC or Zoho Service Communication key generated from your Zoho CRM account. This will initiate the Zoho Books - Zoho CRM integration.
A ZSC key is unique to a particular Zoho product, and can be used to access your data in that product from other Zoho products. To generate the ZSC key, just click on the link which reads ‘Click here to generate the ZSC key of Zoho CRM’. This will take you straight to the Zoho CRM screen from where you can obtain this key.
Just copy this key, and paste it in the integration screen in Zoho Books before clicking on Save.
Note: If you’re connecting to a Zoho CRM account where you’re a user and not the admin, you can follow the same process as above after obtaining the desired email address and ZSC key from the admin of the Zoho CRM account.
Importing your Zoho CRM accounts and contacts
Once you’ve set up your credentials, you can go ahead and start importing your contacts. This is a three-step process.
Step 1 : Selecting the module to be synced
Accounts - Only the Accounts in Zoho CRM will be available for import. They will be fetched and stored as Contacts in Zoho Books.
Contacts - Only the Contacts in Zoho CRM will be available for import. They will be fetched and stored as Contacts in Zoho Books.
Accounts and their Contacts - Both the Accounts and the contacts associated with these accounts from Zoho CRM will be available for import. The Accounts imported will be stored as Contacts in Zoho Books, while the Contacts imported will be stored as Contact persons in Zoho Books. The contacts under a particular account in Zoho CRM falls as a contact person under the respective contact in Zoho Books.
Note: When ‘Accounts and their Contacts’ option is selected, only the contacts associated with the account selected will be imported as contact persons. Contacts in Zoho CRM which are not associated with any account are not imported into Zoho Books in this scenario.
Step 2 : Selecting the view to be synced
The second level of customization is where you can select the View you want to import into Zoho Books. A view in Zoho CRM is a collection of similar records (based on a specified criteria) listed together. Some predefined views include ‘All accounts’, ‘My accounts’, ‘Unread contacts’ etc.
Creating a view for Zoho Books
Make sure you have created a new View in Zoho CRM before the integration. This view can consist of the records you want to import to Zoho Books for creating transactions. Here’s how you can go about this,
- First, go to your Zoho CRM account. Click on Setup on the top right corner.
- Go to Customization - Fields. Click on New custom field.
- Select the type as checkbox, provide label name as Zoho Books and under Also create for, select Accounts or Contacts depending on the module you selected in Step 1.
- Now, when you edit an existing account/contact or create a new one, a checkbox Zoho Books will be displayed as shown.
- Now, edit the accounts/contacts which you want to move to Zoho Invoice, and check the box Zoho Books in each one.
- Once this is done, create a new view under Accounts or Contacts depending on which of these modules you’ve selected for import in Step 1.
- Specify criteria field for the view as Zoho Books from the drop down and set it to true. This is shown below.
- Now, all the accounts/contacts for which this field was checked, will be available under this view.
During the integration, as soon as you select the module (Accounts, Contacts or Both) to be imported, a list of the corresponding views available in Zoho CRM for the module (predefined as well as User created) will be listed under the drop-down. Select the view you created above to proceed with the import.
Note When the option ‘Accounts and their Contacts’ is selected, you have the option to select the Account view as well as the Contact view required to be imported. You can manually choose to import only specific contacts associated with the account view selected, as shown below.
Step 3: Mapping Fields
The final step of the integration is the mapping of fields. You can map the Zoho CRM field to the corresponding Zoho Books field before setting up the sync. This manual mapping ensures that when the Zoho CRM records are synced as Zoho Books entities, all the fields match perfectly when viewed in Zoho Books.
In case you have created custom fields for your contacts in Zoho CRM that don’t map to any of the default fields under Zoho Books, please remember to create the corresponding custom fields in Zoho Books before starting the sync. These fields will now be displayed for field mapping. See how to create custom fields for your contacts in Zoho Books here
Note: You can create up to ten custom fields for your contacts in Zoho Books.
Auto-Sync and other options
- Auto and instant Sync : Once you’ve configured the CRM-Books one way integration, any new data you add in your CRM account will be pulled to Zoho Books via the auto sync that occurs during periodically after the initial sync. However, there’s also a manual instant sync option, as shown below, which you can use to sync updated Zoho CRM data with Zoho Books anytime.
If you wish to update changes made in Zoho CRM to a single contact rather than run a complete sync, select that particular contact and click on ‘Fetch this contact from Zoho CRM’ as shown below.
- Edit settings : The Edit option lets you modify the conditions of the import (Module selection and View selection) as well as the fields to be mapped anytime. These settings will be stored for the next automatic or manual sync carried out.
- Pause/Resume sync : This option allows you to pause the auto sync, as well as disable the option to carry out instant sync. Any manual sync that is taking place when the ‘Pause’ option is clicked, will be completed before the pause is effected. You can always select ‘Resume sync’ to enable auto and manual sync once more.
- View Import History : You can view your import history anytime by clicking on the link available below. Import history shows you a detailed history of all the records you’ve fetched into Zoho Books from Zoho CRM, such as the number of records added, deleted and updated. Failed imports are also shown and upon clicking one, the reason for failure can also be viewed.
Working with Zoho CRM contacts in Zoho Books
View contact information from Zoho CRM
When you create an invoice for a contact imported from Zoho CRM, you can view account information and list of potentials for that particular contact as shown below.
Search in Zoho CRM
If you’ve completed the integration, the contacts you imported will be displayed in Zoho Books. However, you can also create a transaction for a contact that you did not import from Zoho CRM. While selecting a customer for a new transaction, an option ‘Search in Zoho CRM’ is listed. Any Zoho CRM contact may be selected from here. Now, this contact is automatically fetched to Zoho Books and can be viewed and updated from here.
If you chose to import Accounts and their contacts or Accounts only during integration, you can search for a contact using the account name in Zoho CRM. All contacts under the account name you type will be listed. If you chose to import Contacts only, you can search for Zoho CRM contacts using their first and last name.
Creating and viewing transactions from Zoho CRM
Your Zoho CRM contacts have now been imported into Zoho Books. Transactions (Estimates, Invoices and Sales Orders) created in Zoho Books for these contacts can be viewed in Zoho CRM. You can also create and monitor transactions for these contacts from within Zoho CRM itself.
Another handy feature of this integration is the configuration of triggers. When you set up integration, you can opt to have an estimate created automatically in Zoho Books every time you create a potential in Zoho CRM. Alternatively, you can choose to have an invoice raised in Zoho Books every time a potential is won in Zoho CRM.
Find out how to set up integration here.
Zoho CRM users are associated with a certain profile, such as Sales or Marketing during creation. The admin can modify each profile in order to grant and remove certain privileges. Once a profile is permitted or denied a privilege, this condition is applied to every user under that profile.
Eg: If the Sales profile is edited and denied from viewing documents, every user associated with that profile (Director of Sales, Sales managers, sales executives, sales reps etc) will be prevented from viewing documents.
Zoho Books Permissions
Such permissions that the admin can grant extends to certain Zoho Books functions as well, provided the Zoho Books - Zoho CRM integration has been set up for that account. Specific users can be limited to specific responsibilities. Here’s how,
- Log in to your Zoho CRM account using admin credentials.
- Click on Setup - Users and permissions - Profiles.
- Click on Edit for the profile you want to allow/deny certain actions.
- Scroll down to Zoho Books Permissions.
Here, next to each transaction such as Estimate, Sales order and Invoice is a box that you can check or uncheck in order to allow or deny the following actions respectively.
- Create and Edit - Creating and editing the transactions.
- View - Viewing the transactions.
- Email - Sending out the transactions to customers.
The users under this profile can create and view transactions but cannot email them to contacts in Zoho Books.
Receivables and Payables Summary
Viewing Receivables and payables summary of your accounts/contacts can similarly be restricted i.e Checking/unchecking the box next to it will allow/deny the users under that profile from viewing the financial summary of their Zoho CRM accounts and contacts, the data for which is fetched from Zoho Books.
Users for whom this box is checked will be able to view the financial summary of each account or contact as shown below,