Welcome to Zoho Books, an online accounting application that takes care of the accounting needs of your business. Zoho Books is a cloud based accounting software in which you can record, audit and analyze all financial transactions easily. With a secure repository of data, an easy to use navigation and customizable features, Zoho Books provides a head start in accounting for small businesses.
System & Browser requirement for Zoho Books
To use Zoho Books you only need a Web browser. So, let’s get started!
Being a cloud based accounting solution; you can easily access it using any popular web browser. Currently Zoho Books has been tested to work fine on the following browsers.
You may click on the respective browser links to download/update your browser.
For Mobile users with IOS, Android & Windows phone, know more about our Zoho Books apps
Zoho Books Login
If you are a new user, you need to sign-up first for your 14 days free trial. The log in & sign up buttons are provided on the Zoho Books home page.
Follow the below steps to Signup.
Click on the ‘Sign Up’ or ‘Get Started Today’ button provided on the Zoho Books home page
Fill in your information as requested.
Company: Enter the name of your company.
Your Name: Enter your name.
Your Email Address: Enter your email address.
Contact Number: Provide your primary contact number.
Password: Set a password.
Portal Name: Use the default portal name which is provided based on your company name or enter a new portal name, using which your customers can access their quotes, invoices and make online payments. Scroll over the grey ‘?’ icon provided next to the field for contextual help.
Country: Select the country your organization operates from.
Be sure to read the Terms & Conditions and then Signup!
A verification email will be sent to your email id. Click on the link to verify your email id and confirm your registration.
Your account is now activated.
Once you have logged in to Zoho Books, setting up your organization is a breeze. Just fill in the ‘Quick Setup’ requisites that are shown on the ‘Getting Started’ page, when you log in for the first time and you are on! images/getting-started/signup-page.png
The quick Setup page has 4 major aspects to start with, viz: Organizational Details, Taxes, Accountant & Users and Bank Accounts.
Organizational Details: You can do a quick start by following these steps:
The first time you log in after signing up you will be taken to the ‘Getting started’ page. Click Quick Setup button.
In the Organizational Details tab of the Quick Setup page, start by adding your Organization Name.
Enter a valid Business Address.
Select the appropriate Currency.
Select which Industry your organization belongs to.
Taxes: The finances of your business are affected by regulatory taxes and each organization has different country specific taxes to adhere to. You can add your taxes in the Quick Setup by following these simple steps.
- In the Taxes screen of the Quick Setup page, provide a valid Tax Name.
- Enter the corresponding Rate in %.
- If the tax you are adding is a compound tax click on the check box. Scroll over the grey ‘?’ icon next to the field to see contextual help.
- Click on Save.
Accountant & Users: You can add accountant or other users and assign various roles to be performed on Zoho Books. To add users follow these steps:
- In the Accountant & Users tab of the Quick Setup page, provide Email Id of the user.
- Enter the Name of the user.
- Provide role based access for your users by assigning Roles from the drop down box. Roles currently available are as follows:
- Admin: has unrestricted access to all the modules. Usually this role is assigned to partners and accountants.
- Staff: has access to all modules except reports, settings and accountant.
- Staff-timesheet only: A user with this role can only log time spent on a particular project and has no access to any other modules
Note that when you select the role, right below the Role field a small description of the selected role will be displayed.
Bank & Credit card Accounts: For the organization’s cash flow to be recorded and accounted for properly, Zoho Books provides automation by linking your bank and credit card accounts with bank feeds to fetch transactions into your Zoho Books account. To add Bank or Credit card accounts follow these steps:
- In the Bank Account tab of the Quick Setup page, select your bank and credit card accounts from popular banks listed in the Bank and Credit Card account screen.
- If you are unable to see your bank listed on the screen, you can search for your bank/credit card institution by typing the name in the search bar.
- In case you are unable to find your bank using the search bar, you can enter the account manually by clicking on the red Enter your account manually button and providing requested details such as account type, account name, account number, currency, etc.
- Hurrah your set up is done!