Transactional emails are important messages, so it is a must to know whether your recipients opened and engaged with your emails. In your ZeptoMail account, you will have to enable tracking for open and click tracking in Email Tracking section. Tracking should be enabled separately for each Mail Agent. You can configure your Webhooks to automatically parse the tracked data into your application.
- Email Tracking will happen only if your email body is in html.
Track recipient activity for your emails
- From the left panel, select Mail Agents and select a Mail Agent for which tracking needs to be enabled.
- Navigate to Email Tracking tab. Here you can view Email Tracking Configuration box.
- Use the toggle button to enable tracking (clicks and opens) and the next toggle button to enable SMTP tracking.
- Next, choose the default value for SMTP/ API parameter. For example, if you have selected True, all your emails will be tracked by default.
- You can also use headers to configure tracking for SMTP/ API. Use boolean values for the headers to enable or disable tracking. If these headers are not specified then the tracking will happen as per the default value selected for SMTP/ API parameter selected in the previous step.
- Enter the domain name you want to use to track your clicks and click on green tick icon. Then, add the CNAME record to your DNS and click on Verify & Save.
- You should not use an email sending domain to track.
- Refer here for generic instructions for adding CNAME to DNS.
- Click on Save to complete the Email Tracking set up.
- After this step, we will be adding these to our Admin records and you will receive an email from us once tracking is enabled for you. If you want to disable your tracking at any point in time, you can do so in this section.
Before you get started it is important to know that ZeptoMail is for sending transactional emails like welcome emailers, password resets emails, OTPs. We do not support sending of bulk emails or promotional emails like newsletters or marketing campaign emails. If you are looking for a bulk email provider, you can visit Zoho Campaigns.