Create a New Reporting Database
- Creating a Blank Database
- Import from Files & Feeds
- Import from Cloud Storage / Drive
- Import from Local/Cloud Database
- Import from Business Applications
- Creating Databases from Templates
You can create a new database anytime from the Zoho Reports home page. Zoho Reports offers various options to create a database. The databases you create are listed at the top of the home screen.
When you create a database in any of the options provided, you need to provide a name which is mandatory and should be unique. You can optionally provide a description.
Use this option if you would like to create a blank database and then subsequently add your data/datasets as tables later.
- Click on the Create Blank Database option.
- Provide a database name (mandatory and has to be unique)
- Click Create to create the database.
On successful creation, you will be taken inside the database where you can add your data as tables and create reports.
Often you already have data locally stored in tabular file formats like CSV, XLS/XLSX (Excel), XML, JSON and HTML files, which you would like to import into Zoho Reports for analysis and reporting. In Zoho Reports, you can easily import your data from such file formats and jump start your activities.
Click the Import from Files and Feed option to create a database by importing data. Follow this link to read more about creating a database using this import data option.
You can also create a database by importing data from cloud storage like Zoho Docs, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive. Click the Import from Cloud Storage option to create a database by importing data. Follow this link to read more about creating a database using this import data option.
In case you maintain your data in database such as MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, PostgreSQL SQLite, DB2, DB2 AS/400, and other applications behind firewall then you could synchronize data from your databases into Zoho Reports reporting database using our Upload Tool. Zoho Reports Upload Tool is a downloadable standalone utility, that enables you to upload data from your databases into Zoho Reports reporting database.
Using the Upload Tool you can pull data from application databases behind firewall and cloud database to upload the same into Zoho Reports. The tool directly accesses your database, queries for the required data and uploads it to Zoho Reports. Upload Tool also allows you to automate the import process at scheduled intervals. With this your reporting database will be updated with latest data without manual intervention and thus keeps your reports and dashboards latest for better analysis.
To know how to fetch data from your database using Upload Tool, refer to the Upload Tool section.
Importing Data from Cloud Databases
Zoho Reports allows you to import the data stored in different Cloud databases such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift and Microsoft SQL Azure for advanced reporting & analysis. You can easily setup data import from the cloud databases using the simple setup wizard. It is very simple and does not require any software to be installed. You can completely manage the import process from the Zoho Reports web interface itself. Click to learn more.
Zoho Reports offers integration with a variety of Business applications. You can import data from a wide range of popular business applications like Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects etc.
The powerful reporting tool of Zoho Reports allows you to create dynamic reports and dashboards for easy and effective analysis. You can also benefit from the default reports created by Zoho Reports on data import for easier and faster consumption of data.
Zoho Reports offers a useful set of business relevant templates which you can use to easily create your reporting database. Follow the steps given below to create a database from template.
- Click on Create Database from Template link
- Provide the database name (mandatory and should be unique)
- Select the template to be used from the list provided under Templates
- If you would like to create the database with sample data (dummy data rows) then, check the option Populate with Sample Data
- Click Create to create the database.
On successful creation, you will be taken inside the database where you will see a list of tables and reports created by default for the template that you had chosen. The database will contain some sample data if you had checked the option Populate with Sample Data in the database creation step.
Zoho Reports provides the following templates:
- Google Adword Campaign Performance Analysis template - Analyze the performance of your Google Adword Campaigns with detailed reports & dashboards.
- Google Adwords Ad Groups Performance Analysis template - Analyze the performance of your Google Adwords Campaigns at the Ad Groups level.
- Project Manager Template - Manage your projects and track the tasks in it with detailed reporting.
- Issue Manager Template - Collect, Assign and Track issues/bugs in your development projects with detailed reporting.