Table of Contents
You can use templates to send emails in a predefined format without having to repeat the formatting multiple times. This is useful for organizations to standardize their mails across the organization. You can also categorize the templates to your preference to spot them easily.
- Log in to Zoho Mail
- Click New Mail to compose a new email template.
- Provide the Subject - The template name will be the same as the Subject you provide here.
- Type in the required email content.
- You can make the necessary formatting to the email content.
- Select the drop-down near Save to choose the Save Template option.
- The message will be saved in the Templates folder under ‘All Templates’ category by default.
- Navigate to the Templates Folder.
- Click on ‘Create Template’.
- Provide the title and the email content in the respective fields and make formatting changes if necessary. (The title provided in the template will appear as the subject of the email.)
- Click on the Select Category drop-down to choose or create a category.
- Click ‘Save’ to save the template.
- The message will be saved in the Templates folder under the Category provided.
After the template is saved, you can categorize it from the composer using the Insert template option in the formatting options menu.
Create a category using the ‘+’ option in the pop-up window. Once done, you can simply drag and drop the templates to it (You can select multiple templates to drag and drop into a category). You can also edit or delete a category with the respective options available when you hover over it.
A template can be saved in more than one category. Click the name of the category available in a template's preview and select the checkboxes of the categories you want to save the template in.
Note: The templates are displayed in list view by default. You can change it by clicking on the 'Thumbnail view' icon.
- Navigate to the Templates folder.
- All the saved templates will be listed.
- Select the message you want to use, to open it in the composer.
- After making changes, click 'Save Template' from the Save Draft drop-down on the top-right side of the screen, to overwrite the existing template.
- You can insert the template content while composing an email.
- Click Insert template icon in the formatting options.
- You will see the list of templates with Subject and Preview of the content. You can use the search bar or browse through the categories to locate the template. (If you use the search bar when you are in a category, only the results of templates in that particular category will be listed).
- Select the relevant Template to insert the Template.
- The contents of the selected Template will be inserted in the current message you are composing.
You can also click on the relevant template from the template folder listing to use the template.
Click on the previewicon on any template to view the content of the template. You can click on the Insert option from preview to use the particular template.