Table of Contents
Tags are similar to folders, but offer additional flexibility. A single email can have multiple tags. Also, various emails under different folders can also be grouped with a common tag. Effective usage of tags helps in avoiding unnecessary clutter in the inbox.
Zoho Mail provides features to create tags for emails and associate a color with it. Colors help in identifying mails that fall under multiple classifications easily. This will also come in handy when you want to view mails that fall under a specific tag, which may be in different folders.
- Click '+' icon next to the Tags menu in the left pane
- The Create Tag dialog box appears
- Type the desired Tag Name in the text box
- In the Tag color area, choose the desired color from the palette
- Click 'Save'
- The new Tag will get saved under the Tags menu
The existing tags can be viewed under the Tags menu in the left pane.
The option lets you to rename an existing tag or change the color associated with it.
- Right click on the tag that you wish to edit
- Choose 'Edit this Tag' from the listing
- In the Edit Tag dialog box, edit your preferences
- Click Save
By default tags are arranged in the order in which they are created. However, you can change this order as per your preference.
- Click and hold the tag that you would like to move
- Drag it to the position where you want to place it
- You will see a white line. The tag will be moved below this line
- Drop the tag on that line
Any number of tags can be applied to a single message. There are several ways to apply Tags to an email.
- Drag and drop the message over the desired label.
- Select the messages to be labeled, in the message listing pane & select 'Tag as' option from the top menu bar. Choose the Tag that you want to add to this email.
Tag Emails in Mail View pane
You can also directly tag an email from the mail view pane in Preview or Tab while reading it.
- Open the message in Preview or Popup or Tab.
- Click on the ‘Tags’ icon
- Click on the checkbox across the tags you want to add to the email
- If you want to add a new tag, type the name of the tag and click 'Create'
- The new tag gets created and added to the email
All tagged emails will indicate the color associated with the Tag, across the email, in the mail list pane and in the reading pane.
- You can click the Tag from the listing, to quickly add tags for email from the listing itself.
- You can add Tags for Tasks and Notes also.
Remove a Tag applied to an email:
- Click on the Tag in the Email or in the listing page. .
- The dialog box, with the applied Tags appear.
- Deselect the boxes, across the Tags, which you want to remove from the email.
When creating Filters for incoming emails, you can choose 'Tag as' from the Actions, after specifying the criteria to be checked for the emails.
If you have enabled the Smart Filters option in Zoho Mail three Tags namely, Notification, Newsletter and Group are created by default. Smart Filters identify and categorize them based on certain header details and add the relevant tags.
- In the left pane, right click on the tag that you want to delete
- Choose 'Delete Tag' from the listing
- The Tag will get deleted
- The messages to which the tags are applied will not be deleted.
- The tag will be removed from the messages
- Any filter associated with the tag will not be deleted, but the particular tag will be removed from the filter