Zoho Mail Plugin for cPanel
cPanel provides a control panel for domain owners to manage the different aspects of web hosting. Zoho Mail Plugin for cPanel helps you sign up for email hosting with Zoho Mail from within cPanel. This plugin is available under the Email section of cPanel.
Table of Contents
The Zoho Mail cPanel is downloaded and installed automatically with the Zoho Mail Plugin for WHM. The Zoho Mail WHM plugin can be installed only by WHM Admin account holders. When the Zoho Mail WHM plugin is installed by a WHM Admin, Zoho Mail cPanel plugin can be made available to the users under that particular Admin.
Click on the Zoho Mail plugin available in your cPanel dashboard under Email section to begin the Sign Up process.
In this step, you need to register your domain with Zoho Mail.
- On launching the plugin, Domain Selection page is opened.
- From the Select Domain drop-down, select the domain you want to use for email hosting with Zoho Mail.
- Click Add Domain. You will be redirected to the Zoho Mail Domain Registration page.
- Enter the following domain registration details and click Proceed.
- Administrator account email address
- Mobile number associated to the account
- Password for the account
- A summary of the registration will be displayed. Click Sign Up.
- A verification code is sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the code and click Verify my mobile.
During this step, make sure you are not signed into any Zoho account in the browser you are using for the registration process.
Once the verification is successful, your domain registration step will be completed. You will be directed to the next step.
In this step, you need to authorize your Zoho Mail account in the User Authentication page.
- Copy the Authorized Redirect URI provided on the User Authentication page.
- Login to your Zoho Mail Account and access the Zoho Developer Console.
- Click Add Client ID to create a new Client ID and Client Secret to access Zoho Mail API.
- Provide the appropriate Client Name and Client Domain along with the copied Authorized Redirect URI and click Create.
- You will then receive the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Go to the plugin User Authentication page in the cPanel Dashboard to complete the process.
- Enter the obtained Region, Client ID, Client Secret and the From Email Address and Name in this page.
- Click Authorize.
- A consent screen asking permission to access your Zoho Account data is displayed. Click Accept.
If your account is part of the EU or IN data center, follow the below steps to obtain the appropriate Client Secret.
- Once you have created the application in the Developer Console, click on the More Options icon across the corresponding Client ID and select Multi-DC.
- Select the relevant DC to enable it. Click on the Client Secret link to obtain the DC specific Client Secret.
CNAME is used to verify your domain in Zoho Mail. In this step, the CNAME and the Points to field are auto-populated on succesful completion of the previous step. Click on the Verify button to complete the domain verification process. Email hosting for your domain will be enabled once the domain is verified.
Domain verification generally takes effect in a short while. In some cases, it might take upto 48 hours to propagate.
Configuring MX records is a highly important process in order to receive email that are being sent to you. In this step, you need to choose one of the following option based on the status of your domain.
- New Domain - For domain which has no prior email accounts associated to it.
- Existing Domain - Domain which already has email accounts associated to it.
If you choose the New Domain option, the required MX records are displayed. Click on the Configure button to point the listed MX records to your domain to enable email delivery.
Since you already have other MX records pointed for your domain, you can proceed with the MX configuration step after you have added all the existing user to the Zoho Mail account. Click on the reference link for detailed instructions on how to proceed.
In the final step of the set up process, you can add users to your organization. The current users are listed in this step. Click on the Add users button to begin adding the required users.
On clicking the Add Users button, the Add User page will open. Enter the Display Name, Email address, password and role of the user. Then click Add. Repeat till you add all the users and then click Cancel.
While you can currently only Sign Up for the Free plan from the Zoho Mail Plugin for cPanel, you can later upgrade to a paid plan.