What is the difference between recurring invoice and auto charge?
If you’re charging your customers on a regular basis for the same set of products or services you offer, you can simplify the process by converting the invoice into a recurring invoice. This will allow you to automatically generate invoices at periodic interval.
However, auto charge is a feature of recurring invoices where you can automatically charge your customer’s credit card or debit money from their bank accounts via ACH payments whenever a recurring invoice in generated.
To convert an invoice into a recurring invoice:
- Go to the Invoices tab and select the invoice which you wish to convert into a recurring invoice.
- Click on the More drop-down and select the Make Recurring option.
- Set the interval at which the invoice should recur and click Save.
To enable the auto-charge feature:
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right corner and navigate to Preferences -> Recurring Invoice and check Create, Charge and Send Invoices. Click Save.
- You need to integrate with a payment gateway that supports the ‘Auto-Charge’ feature.
- Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, navigate to the Contacts module, select a contact and click on Add New Card from the More drop-down.
- Enter the credit card details and click on Save.
The contact’s credit card details will now be saved for payment against recurring invoices.