How do I upload Form 16 Part A using the TRACES Utility app?
You will have to upload Form 16 - Part A from the TRACES app provided by the Income Tax Department of India and Zoho Payroll helps you generate the consolidated Form 16, which includes both Part A and Part B.
To generate Form 16 for your employees:
- Download Form 16 - Part A from the TRACES utility app. The downloaded files will be in a .txt format.
- Convert the .txt files into PDFs using the TRACES PDF generation utility.
- Compact these PDF files into one single ZIP file.
Once you’ve prepared your ZIP file, move them to Zoho Payroll. To do this:
- Click Taxes and Forms on the left sidebar.
- Click Generate Form 16.
- Drag and drop the ZIP file for Part A upload.
- Click Upload and Generate.
After the upload, Part A will be merged with the Part B generated by the system, resulting in a combined Form 16 PDF for each employee.