You can assign each record as a task to the users in your organization. They will be able to update and edit all the fields of the record (access permissions can be set) and proceed to work on them. They can leave comments, notify the admin as soon as the records are updated, and collaborate over form data.
Table of Contents
To assign each submission as a task to your user:
- In your home page, click on the All Entries link of your form.
- Select the records you want to assign to a particular user.
- Click on the Assign task button at the top of the page.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the user to whom you wish to assign the task to. By default, we'll notify the user that you've assigned a task to him/her. If you don't want the user to be notified, uncheck the Notify User checkbox.
- Customize the message if you wish.
- Click on the Assign & Notify button.
You can even assign the entries of your reports as tasks. To do so, click on the Entries tab under Reports. Select the entries and click on Assign task button.
The task owners, by default, can edit all the fields of an entry. To restrict them from editing certain fields, set task permissions. To do so:
- Navigate to Forms >> Settings >> Task permissions.
- Uncheck the fields that you do not want the task owners to edit.
- Click Save.
To filter out entries based on a respondent's selection to drop-down fields and radio options while viewing a task, specify it under Task Filters.
To do so:
- Navigate to Forms >> Settings >> Task filters.
- Check those fields based on which you would like to filter out entries.
- Click Save.
On doing so, the options of the selected fields will appear in the "Filter by" option of your task. You can now filter out entries of respondents who gave a particular answer.
How can users access the tasks assigned to them?
All users will see a Tasks tab on their home page. Tasks are entries that Super Admins or the Admins assign to the users in your organization.
- When users click on the Tasks tab, all the tasks assigned to him/her will be listed.
- On clicking a a particular task, all the entries related to that task will be displayed.
- On clicking the "edit" icon, a pop-up appears where the user can edit the entries and add comments.
- He/she has to click on the Update button, once done.
A notification will be sent to the admin once the changes are made.
You can set up rules to automatically assign tasks to your users as soon as a submission comes in. The records will be assigned as tasks if it satisfies the set condition.
To do so:
- Navigate to Rules >> Form Rules and click on the Create Form Rule button.
- Specify the condition to be met, and under actions, choose the Assign task option. From the next drop-down, select the user's email address and click Save.
To assign tasks to multiple users, click on the 'Plus' icon and repeat the process.
For a more detailed explanation on creating rules, click here.