At Zoho Forms, we understand the importance of automation to the success of businesses of all kinds. Report schedulers are powerful tools that helps organizations automate the processes of generating and distributing reports based on data collected from various sources. These tools generate reports according to pre-set schedules, such as daily, weekly, or monthly, and send them to specified destinations, such as cloud storage platforms or email recipients. This can help improve the efficiency and accuracy of data analysis, and enable collaborators to make informed decisions based on up-to-date information.
A scheduler works by first setting up a report that includes your desired data fields, filters, and conditions. From there, you can determine how frequently reports are generated and select your preferred delivery method, such as email or cloud storage. The scheduler can be set to generate reports daily, weekly, or monthly, and can be customized to include only the relevant data. Once your report scheduler is set up, it automatically generates and delivers your reports at the specified frequency and sends them to the designated destination.
In Zoho Forms, there are two report scheduling options available:
1. Push reports to your cloud storage space: With this method, the report scheduler generates your report and saves it directly to a specified cloud storage location, such as Workdrive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive. Authorized users can access the report from the cloud storage space and collaborate with others as needed.
2. Email the report as a CSV File: With this method, the report scheduler generates your report and sends it to a list of recipients as a CSV file attached to a custom email.
The key difference between sending reports via email and pushing them to cloud storage is the method of delivery, the purpose the report will serve, and the level of access others will have. While both methods have their advantages, the right method depends on the specific needs of your organization and your intended use of the reports.
1. Method of delivery: Sending reports via email involves the reports being delivered directly to the email inbox of your recipients. Pushing reports to cloud storage involves saving the reports to a cloud-based storage service, such as WorkDrive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or Google Drive, where they can be accessed by authorized users.
2. Purpose: Sending reports over email is helpful when a recipient needs to review the report immediately or on a regular basis. Pushing reports to a cloud storage platform is ideal when the intention is to store reports for future reference, sharing, or collaboration.
3. Access level: Reports sent by email can be accessed only by the recipient. Reports that are pushed to a cloud storage platform can be accessed by authorized users with appropriate permissions.
Learn more about how to send scheduled reports of Form entries and Reports by clicking on the respective links.
Overall, the options for sharing files through report schedulers have made these tools even more valuable for businesses. By automating the report generation and distribution process and making it easier to share reports with collaborators, report schedulers can help businesses save time, reduce errors, and improve communication and collaboration.
Note: The Report Scheduler option is available only in our Premium and Zoho One Enterprise plans.