Everyone loves choices, but sometimes having too many can make decisions difficult. Multiple options can also make creating online forms tricky, so we’ve rolled out a new Group Choices feature that lets you group the choices on your Zoho Forms.
Imagine that you’re organizing your company’s annual charity event and sending out registration emails. The event will have a basketball game and a football game, and employees will get a T-shirt based on the team they choose. Teams wearing red and green will face off in the football game, while the basketball game will pit yellow and blue teams against each other. Normally, creating a form like this would be complex because of the multiple choices required for sport, color, and shirt size. To easily handle this multi-part registration, you can use Group Choices.
Once you’ve collected the employee details like name and employee ID, use the radio button to have employees choose their preferred sport.
We can configure the Rules so that after selecting football or basketball, only shirt colors for the chosen sport are displayed in the dropdown. The shirt sizes will display under each color as sub-groups.
- Add a Dropdown field to your form.
- Under Properties, go to Advanced >> Group Choices.
- In the Group Choices pop-up that appears, specify the names of the groups as red, green, yellow, and blue.
- Under each group give the choices as T-shirt sizes such as small, medium and large.
- Once you have specified the groups and the options under them, click Save.
- Now the T-shirt colors and the available sizes under them will be displayed in the dropdown field.
To configure the Rules for the forms, follow the steps below.
- Go to Rules >> Field Rules and click Create Field Rule.
- Create a rule with the condition “If Choose the sport you’d like to play is Football,” choose Show Grouped Choices under the “Choose your T-shirt size & color” dropdown field, and choose the groups Red and Blue.
- Similarly, add another rule with the same condition and in Show Grouped Choices, under the “Choose your T-shirt size & color” dropdown field, choose the groups Green and Yellow.
Now, when an employee registers for the charity event and chooses a sport, they’ll only have the two relevant shirt colors to choose from. The correct T-shirt colors and the sizes under them will automatically be displayed. Wasn’t that simple?
Go on and give it a spin! Let us know what you think of this new feature in the comments below.
Zoho Forms is an efficient form builder that let you create and share forms, collect useful data and complete your workflows– even on the move.
Tweet us your suggestions and queries at @zohoforms