How to tell if your device is being remotely accessed
When someone is remotely accessing your device, they leave cyber footprints. These can be reverse engineered to locate the source of the threat.
- Monitor the applications running in the background of your device and check whether there are any unknown applications.
- Notice significant increases in device temperature and decreases in battery life. These often indicate your Android device is being accessed remotely.
- Take note of unfamiliar noises and voices during calls. These can indicate that your calls are being monitored and recorded.
- Be wary of increased service messages and pop-up ads.
How to block remote access to your Android phone
Enable multi-factor authentication
Secure your Android device by setting up multi-factor authentication. This will prevent your device from being breached easily.
Install a reliable antivirus application
Antivirus software helps detect malware in applications, alert you to suspicious activities, and identify threats with regular scans. Investing in a leading antivirus application is highly recommended.
Hard factory reset
If you suspect that your Android device is being accessed remotely without your permission, back up all your data to a safe cloud or storage space and factory reset your device.
Only download applications you trust
Your Android device is just one download away from being hacked. To ensure the safety of your device, you should only install and use applications from trusted sites and sources, like the Google Play Store.
Steer clear of suspicious links
Phishing links sent through email, SMS, and social apps are the most common method used for scamming and hacking. Be sure to avoid clicking on any links shared from suspicious accounts.
Avoid signing in to your accounts from unrecognized devices
Never access your cloud accounts or Google accounts from unfamiliar devices. If your data syncs to this device, you open yourself up to a cyber threat. If you've already signed in to an unfamiliar device, or there is an absolute necessity to do so, make sure you use an incognito browser and double check that you've logged out of all your accounts when you're done.
Frequently review your accounts and update the passwords
Frequently updating your credentials will help keep your accounts safe and protected. Monitor your accounts and log-in activities, and report any irregular activity you observe..
Zoho Assist security features
Zoho Assist provides industry-grade security for your accounts and data. Here are some features that make it a highly secure and intuitive remote access application
- Multi-factor authentication
- Firewall-friendly compatibility with all major antivirus applications
- Easy access to and monitoring of session activities.
- Options to restrict features and regulate remote activities performed on your device.
- Zoho Assist logo displayed at the top of your screen when your Android device is being accessed, either on demand or unattended, by a Zoho Assist agent.