Unattended access installation for Linux
Configure a Linux computer for unattended access by installing the unattended access installer. Once you complete the configuration process you can view, access and troubleshoot the computer remotely.
For Linux OS versions Ubuntu and Debian, the installation can be completed by running the downloaded file. However to complete the installation in Linux OS versions Fedora, Centos, and Red hat, follow the procedure given below.
To download the unattended access installer in Zoho Assist:
- Login to Zoho Assist
- Navigate to the Unattended Access tab at the top, or navigate to Settings and choose Deployment under Unattended Access.
- Click on Download Installer on the right side.
- Choose Linux Installer to download the unattended access installer for Linux.
- Once the download is complete, run the file or use the steps below to install the unattended access installer.
To install the unattended access installer in Fedora, Centos, and Red hat:
- Extract the downloaded file zohoassist-18.104.22.168-1.*.zip.
- Open the terminal.
- Use the command "cd ~/Downloads/zohoassist-22.214.171.124-1.*" to switch to downloads directory.
- Execute the command "chmod +x install.bin" to grant permissions to make the file Install.bin runnable.
- Execute the command "sudo (PWD)/install.bin" to run the application using sudo.
- Once the application is successfully installed, you will be notified with the prompt "Application installed successfully".
- Restart the computer to see the Zoho Assist icon in the system tray
Note: If you are facing dependency issues, please refer 'How to install libappindicator - GTK3?' given below to install the libappindicator - GTK3.
How to install the libappindicator - GTK3:
- Install the libappindicator by executing the command "sudo yum install libappindicator-gtk3".
- How ever if you are using openSUSE, please download "libappindicator-gtk3-12.10.0-11.el7.x86_64.rpm" package from "https://centos.pkgs.org/7/epel-x86_64/libappindicator-gtk3-12.10.0-11.el..." . Install the package using the command - zapper in /libappindicator-gtk3-12.10.0-11.el7.x86_64.rpm.