How to import/export price lists?
Importing Price Lists
Since we support two kinds of price lists- one for sales and one for purchase transactions, we have also provided separate import options for both. To import a price list:
- Click on the Gear Wheel(Settings) icon
- Select the Price Lists option in the drop down.
- Select the other gear wheel icon near the New Price List button.
- Choose either the Import Sales Price List or Import Purchase Price List option.
- The price list import page opens up.
- Choose the price list file that is in .CSV or .TSV format to be imported by clicking on the Choose File button.
- Select the character encoding as applicable. By default, it will be UTF-8 (Unicode).
- Select the necessary file delimiter(comma or semicolon) based on the file file you import.
- Click on the Next button.
- You will be taken to the map fields page.
- Zoho Inventory will automatically find the best match for the required fields with the ones in your imported file.
- You can also manually match them.
- If you need, check the option Save these selections for use during future imports to automate future mapping process.
- Click on the Next to proceed.
- The preview page opens up.
- Here the status of price lists ready for import, no. of skipped records and unmapped fields will be displayed.
- If you wish to make any changes, click on the Previous button.
- To proceed, click on the Import button.
You have the option to download a sample file to compare it to the file you are importing to ensure that the import is quick and efficient. Click on Sample file to download it to your computer.
Exporting Price Lists
Similar to import, we have provided separate export options for sales and purchase price list. To export price list:
- Click on the Gear Wheel(Settings) icon.
- Choose the Price Lists option in the drop down.
- In the Price lists page, click on the other gear icon near the New Price List button.
- Choose either the Export Sales Price Lists or Export Purchase Price List option.
- An export price lists pop up opens up.
- The entity field will by default be Price Lists.
- Select the format in which you wish to export the price lists (.XLS or .CSV in the Export As field).
- Click on the Export button.
- The files will be saved in your default downloads folder.