How do I add batch numbers to an item in Zoho Inventory?
In Zoho Inventory, you can add batch numbers to your items in two ways:
Prerequisite: To add batch numbers, you must first ensure that the item is inventory tracked.
While creating a new item
- Click the + icon next to Items.
- Fill out the basic details of the product in the New Item page.
- Check the box next to Track Inventory and enter the opening stock details.
- Click the option that says Track Batches under Advanced Inventory Tracking and fill out the batch details for the specified opening stock.
- Hit Save to successfully add new batches for that item.
While recording a new purchase bill
- Open a New Bill page by clicking + icon next to Bills.
- Upon adding a batch tracked item, the Add batches option becomes available in the quantity section of that line item.
- Click on it and enter the batch details for the specified quantity.
- Click Save to successfully add new batches for that item.
Note: The Bill must be between Open and Paid status for the saved batches to be available for other outbound transactions.