Toll Free: 8008445940, 8008500478

Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

 Back to FAQ

How should non-resident tax payers and foreign companies store their VAT records?

Non-resident taxpayers need to have a designated tax representative in KSA who is responsible for maintaining the taxpayer’s VAT records. These records can be:

  • Physical documents stored inside the KSA.
  • Electronic documents where the physical server is located:
    • inside the KSA or;
    • outside the KSA with a terminal inside the KSA through which data can be accessed.  

Multinational companies that maintain records outside the KSA must have a terminal inside the KSA where their KSA-related VAT records are accessible.

Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software