Why do I want an issue tracking software?
As your business expands and teams get larger, there is a bigger margin for errors as issues can get overlooked or may slip through. When work gets more complex, simply listing down bugs on a sheet and sending them across mail may not suffice. To help your team focus on the right questions, and fix and close issues successfully, there should be complete visibility into the issue tracking process.
That's what we aim to give you with the Zoho Projects Issue tracker. Categorize your issues properly, track them closely, create comprehensive reports, carry out timely escalations, and automate actions and alerts to make your bug tracking process truly effective.
Key Benefits of Issue Tracking Software
- Get a complete visibility of unresolved issues with views filtered by severity, category and due date.
- Organize issues systematically with customized workflows and business rules.
- Track issues closely and identify bottlenecks faster with the help of comprehensive reports.
- Automate reminders and notify the right people and teams by setting notification patterns.
- Fix issues faster with easy access to resolutions, history, and comments for each issue.
- Improve productivity and avoid time wastage by understanding which issues are reproducible and to what extend.
Submit and organize issues
Issue tracker allows administrators to configure permissions based on status, change the issue status as work progresses, or delete the issue. Manage issues easily alongside project tasks and make sure your work is always on track.
You can import tasks along with its subtasks, so that your work break down structure (WBS) of MS Project is maintained in Zoho Projects.
Comprehensive issue reports
Get both basic and advanced reports on your issues based on status, assignee, escalation, severity, classification etc. so you know exactly how your work is progressing. You can also integrate with Zoho Analytics to get additional reports and dashboards.
Define business rules
Set up Business Rules to help you to automatically perform actions such as changing the severity, priority, module, or issue type, assigning the issue to a user and more. Define when these rules will be triggered and you're good to go!
Issue tracking module allows you to automate e-mail notifications to users for various events that happen during the issue tracking life cycle of a project. You can configure notifications for when an issue is assigned to you, when it is created or when it is resolved as per your organization needs.
My Issues view
My Issues view provides a consolidated view of the issues reported by or assigned to you. This helps you organize your work better, focus your time on issues according to their priority and not let bugs slip through.