Tracking the attendance of employees is an important aspect of an HRMS. With the help of Zoho People's attendance module, this job is made easier. Attendance can be marked on the web application or on the mobile app. However, it is important to track any edits made to the attendance entries. In Zoho People regularization is done with the help of the following features:
- Setting permissions to edit attendance entry
- Raising regularization request
- Viewing regularization request
- Approving Requests
- Setting permission to edit subordinates' entries
- Absent Schedule
Setting permissions for editing attendance entry:
- From your home page, go to Attendance > Settings > General Settings
- Go to Permissions
- Enable the 'Edit their own entries' option
- In 'Notify', specify the email id of the employee who you would like to be notified when there is an edit in the attendance entry. For eg, if you like to add the administrator's email id, you can do it here
- Check the 'Notify Reporting Manager' option
- Click Submit
Now, when an edit is made to an entry, the Reporting Manager will be notified via email. But there is a chance that the Reporting Manager might miss this email. To ensure that the regularization is complete, you can configure approval for attendance regularization. Follow the steps given below.
- From home go to Attendance > Settings > Regularization > Add Approval
- Click Add Approval
- Enter Name of the Approval
- You can set a Criteria if needed. You can also set more than one criteria by using the Add new icon (add icon)
You can either configure approver or allow the system to auto approve or auto reject the record based on the criteria requirements.
Follow the steps given below to configure an approver:
- Click Configure Approver
- In the first tab, there are various options given out of which, you can select one
Reporting To - Approval goes to the Reporting To of the employee
Department Lead of the Login User - Approval goes to the Department Lead of the user who is sending the approval request
Approver based on Role - Approval goes to the people who are in the role that is selected
Department Head - Approval goes to the head of the chosen department
Department Members - Approval goes to the members of the Department of the user
Employee - When this option is chosen, then the user can choose the name of a particular employee for the approval to be sent to
Project Managers - Approval goes to all Project managers
Allow Employees to Choose the Approver when adding a record - In this option, the employee has the option to select who the approver is, while the record is being added
Approvals can be set up to ten levels of Reporting To
Check the 'Enable follow-up option for this approval' if you would like to do a follow-up for the approval.
When you click on this, you can define if the follow up has to be a one-time or a repeat follow-up and define the number of days after which the follow-up needs to be done.
Under 'Message template details', you can define the follow-up email template:
In From, you can either select Perform performing this action or give an email id
In To, you have the options listed below:
Approver - If you select this option, the email will go to the Approver who is configured
Team mail id of the person performing this action - If you select this option, the follow-up email will be sent to the Team mail id of the person who submitted the approval request
Person performing this action - If you select this option, the email will be sent to the person who sent the request for approval
Reporting Manager of login user - If you select this option, the email will be sent to the Reporting manager of the person who submitted the approval request
This option pulls out the list of all users. You can select the person who needs to receive the follow-up email. You can also search user here.
This option pulls out the list of all roles. You can select the role to which the follow-up email needs to be sent to. You can also do a search here.
This option pulls out the list of all departments. You can either select a department or do a search.
You can also check the Notify All box to send a mail to everyone in the Organization.
Once you are done with the From and To, you can proceed to enter a Cc, Bcc, and Reply-To if it's required.
Provide a subject for the email.
Create a message using the Available merge fields as shown in the image below:
To raise a regularization request:
- Go to Attendance > Regularization > Add Request
- Select the day
- Give a description if needed and click Submit
If approvals are configured, this request will go to the Approver and once approved, the edited attendance entry can be seen under list view.
To view the regularization request of an employee:
- Go to Regularization > My Requests
- Click on the filter on the right-hand side
- In 'Regularization for', select the employee
- Under 'Period', make your selection from the drop-down
- Under 'Status', make a selection if needed
- Hit Search
You can see all requests based on your selection.
- Click on the ellipses icon on the right-hand side
- Select the appropriate option
Note: Export can be done only in .xls or .csv formats
To view the requests that are sent for your approval:
- Go to Regularization > My Approvals
- Click the filter and select the status if required (if needed)
- Click Search
You can see the requests based on your selection and approve or reject them.
Enabling reporting manager to edit subordinates' entries:
In addition to giving your users the permission to edit their entries, you can also enable the Reporting Manager to edit the subordinates' attendance entries.
- From your home page, go to Attendance > Settings > General Settings > Permissions
- Enable the 'Edit their subordinates' entries' option
Note: The View permission should also be enabled for the Reporting Manager to be given permission to Edit the entries.
With the help of this configuration, you can track any edits to the attendance entries.
Apart from this, for scenarios, when an employee does not mark attendance for a particular day, it is captured as Absence with the help of the Absent Schedule. This will show under a leave type called 'Absent' for the employee in the leave - list view. The employee can then convert this to leave (under any of the leave types) by clicking on 'Convert to leave'. This way, you can ensure that each absence of check-in is tracked.
To add an Absent Schedule:
- From your home page, go to Attendance > Settings > Absent Schedule > Add Schedule
- Enter details like Schedule Name, Time, etc
- Under 'Attendance Date' drop-down, select the number of days before the current/scheduled date that should be captured as Absence. For eg - If you would like to have the Absence of the previous day captured, then select 1 from the drop-down.
- Enable the 'Push to Leave module' option if you want the Absent entries to be pushed to leave module.
- Enable the 'Notify through email' option if you want to notify the employee, reporting manager or specific employees. You can create up to 10 notifications for up to 10 consecutive days of absence.
- Under Applicable For, select the Roles, Department, Designation, etc for which the schedule should run.
Note: If you do not select anything here, then the schedule will be applicable to the entire organization.
- Click Submit
Now, the schedule will capture the absence and show it under a leave type called 'Absent' which can be converted either as leave or as 'On-duty', based on the organizational needs.
To edit the schedule:
- Click on the edit button and edit the details
- Click Submit
To delete the schedule:
- Click on the delete button of the schedule
Some organizations do not wish to use the absent schedule on a regular basis. However, they might want to use it for just some cases alone. In such scenarios, you can run the schedule even for a single day.
To use the schedule for a past date:
In some scenarios, you might have started using the absent schedule from a date. However, you may want to run the schedule just for a single day in the previous month or in any of the past months. In this case, you have the option to run the schedule only for that particular date.
- Go to Attendance > Settings > Absent Schedule
- Click on the play button of the schedule
- Enter the attendance day and click Submit
The schedule will collate the attendance details for that day alone and push the entries to leave module or notify through email as per the option you have set.