Already using Zoho Mail as your business email service and loving it?
Spread the word, invite other businesses to our email service
For every referred business that signs up and hosts their email with Zoho Mail, we'll add 5 bonus users (mailboxes) to BOTH of your business accounts, free forever
Get up to 15 bonus users through your first 3 successful referrals
Many budding entrepreneurs (may be some of your friends) are building new startups everyday, seeking services that do not compromise on quality, given their modest budgets.
Zoho.com is all about affordable, top quality online applications for business. We believe word of mouth in the best way to reach out to small businesses and any day better than any ads with words.
That is why, we prefer to rather invest in motivating you to spread the word about Zoho Mail. With this two-way bonus arrangement:
- You get a good number of free bonus mailboxes. So you do not have to pay for more email users when your business expands and new employees come in.
- Your (our) small business friends get a good deal, even when they sign up for the free Lite plan. They can get started with 10 free users (5 default free + 5 bonus users), straight away.
- And Zoho Mail will get the best reach possible.
It's a win-win for all. So go ahead, send invitations now, spread the word.
Basic Questions & Answers
How does the Zoho Mail referral program work?
Simply put, when a business that is already using Zoho Mail successfully invites another business to Zoho Mail, we'll add 5 bonus users (5GB storage /user) to both the business accounts.
An invitation is successful when the invited business signs up for a Zoho Mail, hosted email plan and points its domain's MX records to Zoho Mail servers. Here is a more detailed illustration of a successful referral cycle:
- Email administrator of business A, an existing Zoho Mail customer, sends an invtitation containing a unique referral code to a friend in business B.
- Business B signs up for a Zoho Mail hosted email plan. For example, let's say the free Lite plan that offers 5 users free by default.
- The email administrator of business B points the MX records of business B's domain to Zoho Mail servers.
- The original email invitation, containing the unique referral code is forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business A's email account.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business B's account, in addition to the default 5 free users included in the Lite plan, giving a total of 10 free users.
I am the email administrator of a business currently using Zoho Mail. How do I send invitations to my friends?
Go to your Zoho Mail Control Panel - only accessible by email administrators - and click Bonus Users on the left pane of options. Enter the email addresses of your friends in the Invite by Email edit box and hit Send Invitation. That's it.
I received an email invitation to try Zoho Mail. What should I do next?
- Select and sign up for a Zoho Mail, hosted email plan (IMPORTANT: Please use the email id where you recieved the invitation during sign up).
- Add your business domain and verify ownership to it.
- Point MX records of your domain to Zoho Mail servers.
- Forward the invitation email, containing a unique referral code, sender's registered email address to email@example.com.
- Our support team will confirm the validity of your referral code within 3 business days.
- Once validated, 5 bonus users will be added to your business account, in addition to what comes with the plan you signed up for.
How many invitations can I send? Is there a limit to the number of bonus users I can get?
You can send any number of invitations. However, once three businesses you sent invitations to, sign up and point their MX records to Zoho Mail, you would have gained 5x3 = 15 bonus users. This is the maximum the no. of bonus users you can get.
What other conditions have to be met to get the referral bonus users?
All that we look for is whether a user is genuinely inviting another legitimate business to Zoho Mail. The following basic credibility conditions have to be met to get the bonus users added to both accounts:
- The referral will be considered valid to earn free user bonus in Zoho Mail, only after the referred domain's MX entries are pointed to Zoho Mail Servers and not for a mere sign up.
- The domains which you refer should be genuine and should have credible email activity. If the referred domain switch the MX records away from Zoho Mail within 1 month of sign up or if it does not have regular activity, the free user licenses earned for referrer will be cancelled.
- The primary domains with important TLDs (extensions) like .biz, .com, .edu, .gov, .info, .mobi, .net, .org, .co etc and country specific TLDs (extensions) like .us, .uk, in, .fr will only be considered for free user bonuses.
- The free user licenses will be updated in both the accounts when the referrer forwards the original invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the bonus users.