Simply put, when a business that is already using Zoho Mail successfully invites another business to Zoho Mail, we'll add 5 bonus users (5GB storage /user) to both the business accounts.
An invitation is successful when the invited business signs up for a Zoho Mail, hosted email plan and points its domain's MX records to Zoho Mail servers. Here is a more detailed illustration of a successful referral cycle:
- Email administrator of business A, an existing Zoho Mail customer, sends an invitation containing a unique referral code to a friend in business B.
- Business B signs up for a Zoho Mail hosted email plan. For example, let's say the Free plan that offers 25 users free by default.
- The email administrator of business B points the MX records of business B's domain to Zoho Mail servers.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business A's email account.
- 5 bonus users are updated in business B's account, in addition to the default 25 free users included in the Free plan, giving a total of 30 free users.