You can delete a single message in the listing pane or from the message pane (preview or popup or tab).
- To delete a particular message, click on the delete icon across the message.
- The message will be deleted and moved to trash.
- Archived messages will be deleted permanently without being moved to Trash.
- Select the messages you want to delete.
- In the Listing pane menu bar, select ‘Delete’.
You can clear the messages in the folder using the Empty Folder option.
- Right click on a folder and select Empty Folder.
- The following options will be available to clear the messages in the folder.
- Delete All messages in the folder
- Delete emails based on date - Specify a date to delete all the emails older than the mentioned date
- Delete emails based on Count - Specify a count to delete all the emails, except the recent number of messages specified in the count.
- The Empty folder is useful to clear notification emails, announcement emails, newsletters and so on which can be cleared periodically.
The deleted messages are moved to Trash folder by default. You can recover the emails in the Trash, by moving the email to the folder of your choice. The messages in Trash folder, older than 30 days will be automatically cleared at regular intervals.
However in a special scenario where your mailbox gets full, all emails in the Trash folder will be automatically cleared and the mailbox size will be recalculated after clearing the Trash. When your account exceeds the allowed size, your incoming gets blocked. Before the incoming gets blocked, all the emails in the Trash are cleared and the mailbox size is recalculated. If the recalculated account size is within the allotted size, the account will not get blocked.