Add CNAME Records for Verification - cPanel
If your domain's DNS is hosted with cPanel follow the below steps to add CNAME and verify the domain.
- Login to your cPanel Account
- Locate the DNS Zone Editor option under Domains to add the CNAME.
- Across the relevant domain, select the CNAME Record option.
- Enter the zbcode provided in the Name field.
- In the CNAME field, enter zmverify.zoho.com
- Click Add a CNAME Record to add the CNAME in your DNS.
Once saved, you have added CNAME in your DNS Manager. However, you may have to wait for at least an hour (or based on the TTL) for the changes to be effected in the DNS servers.
You may verify this by typing in zb******.<yourdomain>.com in the URL bar. This will be redirected to the Zoho login page. This ensures that you have added the CNAME records correctly. After this, you can log in to the Zoho Mail account and click 'Verify' to verify the domain.
In case you have difficulty in adding CNAME, contact cPanel support to get their assistance to add the CNAME for your domain.
Update MX Records to receive emails - cPanel
If your domain's DNS is hosted with cPanel, update the MX records of the domain, to start receiving emails in your domain based accounts based on the following instructions.
- Login to your cPanel Account.
- Locate the DNS Zone Editor option under Domains to add the MX Records.
- Across the relevant domain, select the MX Record option.
- Enter 10 as the Priority and mx.zoho.com as the Destination. Now click Add an MX Record.
- Select the MX Record option again, enter 20 as the Priority and mx2.zoho.com and click Add an MX Record.
- Select the MX Record option again, enter 50 as the Priority and mx3.zoho.com and click Add an MX Record.
- The MX values given above are based on the generic configuration information. For more specific configuration particular for your domain refer this section in the Admin Control Panel.
We recommend you to go through your DNS providers support documentation for the exact method to add the MX entries.
Once saved, you have added the MX records in your cPanel DNS. You can check the propagation of MX records using Zoho's DNS MX Lookup tool. When you provide the domain name in the tool, the MX records of Zoho Mail should be returned as the result. In case you have difficulties adding the MX entries, you can get the assistance of cPanel support, to update the MX records of your domain. If there are any additional entries returned in addition to Zoho Mail provided records, you may not receive emails in Zoho Mail.