How can I merge contacts?
Remember that transactions associated with contacts, once merged, will be listed under the master contact’s transactions. Contacts that are being merged must contain the same currency terms. Such contacts can be merged in two ways,
1) Multiple Contacts to be merged.
- Go to the Contacts tab. Browse the contacts list and select the contacts you want to merge as one.
- Once all the contacts to be involved in the merging have been selected, click on the option Merge at the top of the contacts list.
- You will be required to select a ‘Master contact’ from among the contacts you’ve chosen to merge. This contact will be the one retained with the total transactions of all the merged contacts, while the rest will be marked inactive. The contacts made inactive can be marked active again, but all previous transactions associated to them will be erased.
2) An alternative way when only two contacts are to be merged,
- Select the contact you want to merge with another, and click on the settings icon shaped like a gear in the contact details page.
- Now, select ‘Merge Contact’ and proceed to pick the master contact you want to merge this with. Once you’ve completed the merger, the original contact selected will become inactive.