Does Zoho Inventory support bar code scanning? If yes, how does it work?
Yes, Zoho Inventory supports bar code scanning in the web app. Here is how it works:
For Line Items:
Prerequisite: You have to key in the bar code of the item as the SKU of said item in Zoho Inventory manually or using a barcode scanner.
- Open any transaction (that involves an item) of your preference, and place your cursor in the Item Details field.
- Scan the bar code of the item. You’ll see that the line item will be automatically added.
- Follow the above step to scan more items, which will be added consecutively.
Note: Bar codes with 6 characters or more of length are only supported.
For Serial Numbers:
Barcode scanning feature can also be used on serial numbers
- In Bills
- In Invoices
Prerequisite: You have to enable Track Serial Number feature at the time of item creation.
- Open a bill and select the item to be purchased.
- Click on the Add Serial Number(s) option under the Quantity section of the invoice.
- A dialogue box pops-up prompting you to enter the serial numbers for the specified quantity.
- You can either manually feed the serial numbers(comma separated) or scan the serial number of each unit of the item using a barcode scanner.
Prerequisite: You have to key in the serial numbers either at the time of item creation or while creating a bill.
- Open an invoice and select the item of your choice.
- Once the items have been selected, click on the Select Serial Number(s) option under the Quantity section of the invoice.
- A dialogue box pops-up prompting you to select the serial numbers for the given quantity of items.
- You can either manually select the serial numbers or scan the serial number of the item using a barcode scanner.
- You’ll see that the serial number will be automatically added to your transaction.
Note: Similar to invoices and bills, barcode scanning can be used wherever serial number is applicable.