How to record a payment?
You would want to record a payment when you’ve directly received the payment for the subscription from the customer. This way you can keep track of the payment receive offline.
To record a payment,
- Go to the Customers module and select the customer for whom payment has to be recorded.
- Click the More drop-down on the top right corner and select the Record Payment option.
- Enter the Amount Received, Payment Date and choose an appropriate Mode of Payment from the list or create a new one by clicking on + Configure Payment Mode.
- You can distribute the amount received among multiple invoices.
- Ensure that the amount received is equal to the net amount applied to invoices.
- Add notes if you want to about the payment and click Save.