Can I terminate an employee without pay?
We do not have an option to terminate an employee without pay. We have a workaround for this.
In case you want to terminate an employee without paying them,
- Go to the Employees module from the left sidebar.
- Select the employee you want to terminate.
Click More and select Terminate Employee. You will be taken to a page where you need to provide:
- Last Working Day
- Reason for Termination
- Final Settlement Date - Decide the date on which you want to make the payment.
- Contact Email Address - Form 16 and the final payslip will be sent to this email.
- Notes (if any)
You will be taken to a Termination Payroll page where you need to:
- Enter 0 as the payable days.
- Enter 0 for all the other deductions.
- Under Notes, enter the reason for terminating the employee without pay.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Submit and Approve to approve the termination pay run.
- Click Record Payment and select the employee’s last working day as the paid date.
- Click Confirm.
You need not pay the employee’s full and final settlement.