Functions - An Overview
Functions in Zoho CRM follows the Serverless Computing architecture. It is a cloud computing execution model in which the cloud provider dynamically manages the allocation of machine resources. Zoho CRM provides options for the customer to write their own functions using Deluge script and run their code ( proprietary within Zoho CRM ) without worrying about deploying their code in servers. Although it is called "Serverless", the server management is automatically taken care of such that users and customers will not notice.
Zoho CRM Functions help you to update the data in related CRM modules or third-party applications by executing simple program scripts. Set up Functions such that when it matches the certain criteria, the CRM automatically triggers the function and updates the CRM records. With functions, you can program scripts using Deluge Script (powered by Zoho Creator), associate them to workflow rules, custom buttons, related lists, schedules and more.
Profile Permission Required: Admins and Users with Manage Extensibility under Developer Permissions can access this feature.
- Roll up amount from each deal (status is closed won) to Total Revenue (custom field) to the related Account. If customer makes 10 payments, you can view the total revenue from Account page, instead of creating a report. Based on the total revenue generated from customer, you can grade them type A, type B, type C customers.
- Create a project in Zoho Projects or any 3rd-party project management application when the deal is won and closed in CRM. Also, view the project link under an Account or Deal record to monitor the progress of the project.
- Automatically update the address information of contacts based on the mailing address of the parent account.
- When the deal status is "closed won", push the deal, related contact and account details to Zoho Books or any 3rd-party accounting software. Once status of the invoice is changed to "paid" in accounting software, instantly update the Deal's record in CRM.
- CRM Administrators who set up workflow rules, schedules, related list and custom buttons for Users.
- Programmers with REST API and Deluge Script skills.
- Function should not exceed two hundred thousand lines of execution.
- A function should complete it's execution within a span of five minutes.
- Use Integration tasks whenever possible.
- The "Send Mail" function has a limit of 1000 emails/day.
- While using the V2 APIs of Zoho CRM(which are not available in Integration tasks), please use the "Zoho OAuth" connection. This can help you save limits on your APIs while making full use of functions. More on connections here.
- Use the Serverless functions to send/push data from/to CRM easily.
Users with Manage Workflow and/or Modules Customization permission can only view and associate the function to a workflow. They cannot create, update, or delete a function without the Manage Extensibility permission.