Deluge or Data Enriched Language for the Universal Grid Environment as we call it, is an online scripting language integrated with Zoho Creator. It enables users to add logic to the application, incrementally, making it more powerful and robust. The entire database layer is abstracted and you will only speak in terms of forms and fields, while scripting in Deluge. A HR manager who wants to create a recruitment application, a home maker who wants to keep track of her monthly expenses, a sales guy who wants to keep track of his leads can all code very easily using Deluge. And a techie who slogs all day creating a web app using conventional tools would be just amazed at how fast it is to do the same using Deluge.
To mention a few powerful applications you can create with Deluge - Library Manager, Recruitment application, Inventory Management and more. The Deluge Script Builder provides a drag-and-drop user interface to add Deluge scripts without the need to learn or remember the Deluge syntax and functions. It helps in creating Deluge scripts quickly, without any errors.
- User-friendly Syntax
The Deluge Script syntax is easy to read and understand. So the process of creating powerful application is fun, easy and quick.
- Code is Data
Deluge Script has no concrete syntax. The syntax you see is just a "skin". The actual code is stored as abstract syntax (i.e a whole bunch of tables) in the database. So in future users will be able to generate the same code in their own favorable syntax. For e.g., Sam can edit the code in the standard Deluge syntax while Lucy can edit the same code in her favorable Perl syntax.
- Relational Data Model
Applications built by users have a fully normalized relational data models.
- Query Integrated Language
Deluge Script bridges the gap between the program logic written in a high level programming language and the data that it operates upon. It brings the expressiveness of SQL closer to the core application logic. i.e. query is integrated at the language levels.
- Perform Form Actions
- Modify the form contents dynamically when the form loads. Form contents can be modified both while adding and editing a row. Learn more
- Validate form data before persisting it. For example, in a recruitment application, accept only those applicants who have more than two years of experience. Learn more
- Perform an action after a form data is persisted, both while adding/editing a row. For example, you might want to receive email notifications as and when a row is added. Learn more
- Perform actions on click of the form button using Stateless Forms. For example, fetch data from an external website, on form submit. Learn more.
- Perform Field Actions
- Modify the form contents dynamically whenever the value of a field in the form is changed. For example, in a Bug Tracker application, display only those team members who belong to the module chosen in the Module picklist field. Learn more
- Perform an action only when the value of a field is modified and persisted in the database. For example, in the case of a bug tracker, you might want to receive email notifications whenever the status of the issue gets modified. Learn more
- Define Formula Fields
- Define formula fields for calculations. For example, assume a student database has marks obtained by students in all the subjects and you want to display the total and average marks also. Learn more
- Create Complex Filters
- Create complex filters in views. Learn more
- Define Functions
- Define Functions and invoke Functions from form/field action scripts or on selected records in a view.. Learn more
- Create Mashups
- Deluge Scripting supports tasks that get the web data from one place to another, manipulate and publish XML data to easily create sophisticated web applications. Learn More