What's the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an upcoming EU regulation on data protection and privacy that enforces strict handling and processing of EU residents' personal data. The GDPR goes into effect on May 25, 2018, and it calls for a unified approach to regulating business practices.
Why is GDPR compliance so crucial?
- Transparent business processes
- Permission-centred processing and management of personal data
- Unified data repository
- Culture of trust
What are the consequences of non-compliance with the GDPR?
Any organization in breach of the GDPR will be fined up to 20 million Euros or 4% of its worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year, whichever is higher.
How is Zoho Cliq geared towards GDPR compliance?
Public concern over privacy breaches has been mounting in the leadup to GDPR. As your data steward, Zoho Cliq has been working to ensure that users' personal data remains just that: personal.
- Encryption at rest — Customers' personal data remains encrypted during storage for added security.
- Consent — Users will see all of the access details of an extension when they use it, and any personal information will be processed only after they give consent.
- Assurance — The Zoho Cliq team will review all code submitted by developers before publishing the extensions in the Zoho Marketplace. This is to ensure that the developed extensions do not misuse customers' personal data in any way.
Data Subject Rights
- Access — Users can see and access their own personal information and chat transcripts on Cliq.
- Rectify — Organization admins have the ability to correct the personal data of their organization members.
- Export — Users can export their chat history through the Print option. Organization admins also have the ability to export user details.
- Stop processing — Users can Turn off Chat History for any conversation so their private messages aren't stored on Cliq servers.
- Forget — Users maintain the right to close their Cliq accounts at any point in time.
For Developer Communities
All developers who work on the Cliq platform must comply with the Developer Terms of Service.
Disclaimer: The information presented herein should not be taken as legal advice. We recommend that you seek legal advise on what you need to do to comply with the requirements of GDPR.