Enabling the Users to Create Reports
- How do I allow my users to create reports?
- I do not see the reports created by my Shared User. How do I get to access them?
- Reports I created over shared data is no longer available in the database. How do I get them?
- Can shared users edit shared reports?
- What are the privileges that my users have?
- Can a shared user share the views?
- How do I know who has access to my data?
1. How do I allow my users to create reports?
You can allow your shared users to create reports by granting one of the following options.
- Share Tables or Query Tables over which they can create reports.
- Grant Workspace Administrator privilege to your user.
Reports created by your Shared users will be accessible to you only when they are shared back to you. However, reports created by a Workspace Administrator will be accessible to the Admin and other Workspace Administrators by default.
This can happen in the following scenario.
- The Administrator removes access to the data table/query table for you. Contact your Administrator for access to the data.
- You have accidentally deleted the view. Views that are deleted will be available in the Trash folder for 45 days. You can restore them.
Shared users cannot edit reports. However, Workspace Administrators can edit reports.
Note: Shared users can edit data in a table, provided they have Write or Import permission.
Workspace Administrators have the privileges to perform all operations in a Workspace, except deleting or renaming the database.
The shared users can perform operations that the Admin/Workspace Administrator has granted. To know more on the available Share permissions, refer to the presentation below.
Yes, your Shared User can further share the views. To allow this, select the Share View/ Child Report checkbox in the Share dialog.
You can view the list of shared users in your database by clicking the Edit Shared Details by Users.
This will list all the shared users and the views shared to them. You will also find who has shared the view to them in this dialog.