Steps to Configure Zoho Mail in Mac
- Enable POP in the Zoho Mail interface.
- Launch your Mac Mail.
- Navigate to Account Settings >> Select ‘Add new account’.
- In the Account Type, select ‘POP’ from the drop down.
- Enter the values Account Description, Preferred Display name and Email Address. Click Continue
- Specify the following details in the Incoming Mail Server Page and click 'Contiue'.
- Incoming Mail Server: pop.zoho.com
- User Name: Zoho Email Address
- Password: Zoho Password
- You may require Application Specific Password, if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.
- Specify the following details in the Outgoing Mail Server Page and click 'Contiue'.Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.zoho.com
- User Name : Zoho Email Address
- Password : Zoho Password
- The checkbox 'Use authentication' should be checked.
You may require Application Specific Password, if Two Factor Authentication is enabled for your account.
- Click Finish to complete the 'Add Account'.
- Try to send a mail from an external Mail Account and vice-versa to test the settings.
- There might be an error after you set up the SMTP details saying 'smtp.zoho.com' is not responding. Click Continue in the page and finish the account setup.
- Launch Account settings to edit the server details
- If this is your only account set up in Mac, Click Settings icon to configure Account settings.
- If you have multiple POP accounts configured, select the POP account from Inbox section, right click and select 'Edit Account'.
- Click Advanced to configure Outgoing Server.
- Modify the Server port to 465 from 587 and click OK.
- The account is now configured in Mac Mail client as POP and you will be able to send/ receive emails..