Sharing folders is something we have been asked for repeatedly by Zoho Docs users. And the workaround we’d suggested till now is to choose all files in a folder and share them. Here’s something more easy that solves this need – Workspaces. Zoho Docs users can now create workspaces and share them with colleagues and friends. Let’s see how the workspace option brings in greater flexibility
- Whenever you add new files to a workspace, they get shared to all the workspace’s members automatically. No need for you to share each file again to a set of email addresses.
- Consider a situation where a new member joins your work team. Whenever you add him/her to your workspace, he/she can see all the files that are there. The workspace acts as a repository.
- You can set different permissions (Viewer or Collaborator) for each of the members in your workspace
- You can better organize your files within a workspace by creating folders
- You can configure whether notification emails (sent each time a files shared) need to be sent to workspace members or not
Some screenshots that explain the new Workspace functionality.
Hope you like the new Workspace functionality in Zoho Docs. Enhancements like allowing members other than the workspace owner to upload files to the workspace are coming soon. Stay tuned!